Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day i took my car to the car wash .I started to wash the car and i got surprised...The paint of the car was flying off.I called customer service,and they said "there wasn't anything they could do",because the car was 6000 miles over the paint warrenty.Also they informed me that i shouldn't wash my car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Isn't it foolish answer from the Hyundai.



Originally posted by Tarek@Jul 22 2004, 09:16 AM
One day i took my car to the car wash .I started to wash the car and i got surprised...The paint of the car was flying off.I called customer service,and they said "there wasn't anything they could do",because the car was 6000 miles over the paint warrenty.Also they informed me that i shouldn't wash my car.
[snapback]247[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Originally posted by Tarek@Jul 22 2004, 05:16 PM
One day i took my car to the car wash .I started to wash the car and i got surprised...The paint of the car was flying off.I called customer service,and they said "there wasn't anything they could do",because the car was 6000 miles over the paint warrenty.Also they informed me that i shouldn't wash my car.
[snapback]247[/snapback]​


can u show us some photo/picture?
cos this is ridiculous,
i can sure u can make complaint to hyundai-motors Korean.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8 Posts
Yes it seems by your post that you might have had the pressure lance too close to the paintwork and its penetrated to the underside of the paint causing it to fly off. you need at least 20cm space between the washer and the paintwork. ( more if you have stone chips/existing damage.

if on the otherhand you drove it through a drive thru car wash, then you have a problem with the paintjob

correct me if im wrong, but perhaps the hyundai rep meant to say you shouldnt high pressure wash your car too close..??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
This has to be a tale of fantasy, I use a Karcher Pressure Washer (120 bar of pressure which will blow the pointing out from between brickwork), to wash all of the cars I have owned over the last ten years and there is no way that that it could remove a paint surface! It even stuggles to get the brake-dust off the alloy wheels. So Mr "Tarek", unless you have been sold a car that had been painted with a Emulsion Paint (even that would take some shifting) I am afraid that I do not beleive your little story, sorry!!!!

P.S. Has anyone got a good product that will remove brake-dust from alloy's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Have to say that I think the paint on my Getz is rather soft! I've never known a car chip so easily..especially for a solid colour rather than a metallic which, everyone knows, is a softer paint anyway.


:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Originally posted by Fibrokid@Jan 15 2006, 06:39 PM

P.S. Has anyone got a good product that will remove brake-dust from alloy's.
[snapback]27306[/snapback]​

Poorboys spray & rinse works real well.

"J"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Originally posted by Fibrokid@Jan 16 2006, 03:39 AM
This has to be a tale of fantasy, I use a Karcher Pressure Washer (120 bar of pressure which will blow the pointing out from between brickwork), to wash all of the cars I have owned over the last ten years and there is no way that that it could remove a paint surface! It even stuggles to get the brake-dust off the alloy wheels. So Mr "Tarek", unless you have been sold a car that had been painted with a Emulsion Paint (even that would take some shifting) I am afraid that I do not beleive your little story, sorry!!!!

P.S. Has anyone got a good product that will remove brake-dust from alloy's.
[snapback]27306[/snapback]​



Ditto ! I have a Karcher 200 bar washer and I spray the car point blank to remove bugs etc and nothing happens.

But on the other hand; Tarek seems to be from some ME country where day heat easily exceeds 60 degrees. That could cause the primer, gelcoat etc to become brittle and crack / peel / get loose from the panels... It's a Hyundai after all, not a Mercedes... :whistling:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
The one thing I have to say about this soft-paint??? posting, is that I have seen the same posting on various other Hyundai sites from the same guy, but I still have to say I find it a load of BULL(you know my next word), it seems to me that if this guy was in a heavy down-pour, he would take a look around and see his car washing down the drain :460: :460: :whistling: :whistling:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top