Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a noise like a small air compressor is on upon cold start?

2018 sport auto

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Yep. Sounds like the same item we had a fairly lengthy discussion about last year. Normal. Some component runs on a cold start. Very audible outside. You can hear it inside if you get in tune with it. Might very well be an air pump to help bring the cats up to temp faster. Could be a vacuum pump testing the evaporative emissions system for leaks. I don't think we ever determined what it was, just that they all do it at times.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Sounds like the same item we had a fairly lengthy discussion about last year. Normal. Some component runs on a cold start. Very audible outside. You can hear it inside if you get in tune with it. Might very well be an air pump to help bring the cats up to temp faster. Could be a vacuum pump testing the evaporative emissions system for leaks. I don't think we ever determined what it was, just that they all do it at times.
Thank you. I should have searched before posting.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Not a problem and didn't mean it that way. I have a tough time with the searches. Maybe it is just my choice of search words, but they often either bring up 250 entries to sort through or I don't find what I need.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Not a problem and didn't mean it that way. I have a tough time with the searches. Maybe it is just my choice of search words, but they often either bring up 250 entries to sort through or I don't find what I need.
It's not either of you. Everyone gets a plethora of unrelated hits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts