Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
A few of us have a Short Ram Intake on our I4s. I don't know how much mine differs from a Weapon, but I like it a lot! I sensed a definite improvement in low-end throttle response (< 3,200 rpm). With a manual transmission, I'm constantly on and off the throttle at low rpm and the engine feels stronger. It also made it easier to blip the throttle when I match revs to downshift. (Sometimes I can hear the "pffft" sound as the air rushes in.) My mileage did not change - no benefit there. And if you position the cone air filter right in front of the OEM cold-air feed and move at least 15-20 mph, the engine does not seem to inhale any hot engine-compartment air. (At least that is according to my before and after Scan Gauge readings.) Of course at idle, the air intake temperature will increase, but will decrease instantly once the car moves. I think it is functional mod.

Attachments

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (melissa.928 @ Oct 2 2010, 10:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360364
Again thanks you have helped me on alot of stuff im new to this whole hyundai thing. and i appreciate your patience. :liebe011:
Thanks. That Search feature here, depending on which one you use & what you put in can locate a wealth of information. In this case only 1 thread popped up, but it was a good one :57:

·
Registered
139 Posts
QUOTE (Blue07 @ Oct 2 2010, 07:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360331
A few of us have a Short Ram Intake on our I4s. I don't know how much mine differs from a Weapon, but I like it a lot! I sensed a definite improvement in low-end throttle response (< 3,200 rpm). With a manual transmission, I'm constantly on and off the throttle at low rpm and the engine feels stronger. It also made it easier to blip the throttle when I match revs to downshift. (Sometimes I can hear the "pffft" sound as the air rushes in.) My mileage did not change - no benefit there. And if you position the cone air filter right in front of the OEM cold-air feed and move at least 15-20 mph, the engine does not seem to inhale any hot engine-compartment air. (At least that is according to my before and after Scan Gauge readings.) Of course at idle, the air intake temperature will increase, but will decrease instantly once the car moves. I think it is functional mod.
Is yours custom? If not where did you get it?

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (Cowsride @ Oct 5 2010, 02:57 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361149
Is yours custom? If not where did you get it?
Yeah, it's just a generic Autozone do-it-yourself kit. (Spectre is the manufacturer.) I just bought the kit off the shelf and cut the aluminum tubing to size. It's about two years old now. Back then the whole kit, which included the air filter, cost about $75.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure every commercial auto parts store (Pepboys, Advanced Auto, AutoZone, etc.) carries a similar generic kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts