Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
General Question (and a little silly)

It has been raining quite a bit and my street has been flooded with water. How deep is it okay to go through? At times it has been up to the point where it touches the bottom of the car. I have seen other cars about the size of the elantra go through it with no problem, but being more paranoid because I am not exactly sure, I thought I would ask here on the forum.

Where is the air intake exactly? I would imagine this is the part that could suck up water? I had a look and concluded it may be in the grill?

I went through it once coming home with no issue, and immediately checked the air filter to verify it was dry. Would this logic be correct?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's not much lower than the air box itself. A small splash up the intake wouldn't really do anything anyway. Now if you sit there with a water hose in your intake that's a different story :D just drive slow through anything higher than the bottom of the bumper.

Here is a pic for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting image. Answers my questions, too. Thanks for sharing. I was thinking the intake could have been on the bottom of the car or something, but yeah the water would have to be very high to go in that and it was nowhere near that deep.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Typically only aftermarket CAI's sit very low in the engine bay. The stock intake doesn't sit very low, I'd say its almost parallel to the motor. As for the water, as long as you aren't driving in water as tall as your wheel diameter .. You'll be fine.
and don't sit still while driving in water.

·
Registered
610 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts