Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to make some upgrades on my 2003 Elantra GT and I'm looking for some advice/comments from anyone. I'm considering first adding a CAI and then an exhaust system. I was wondering if adding both of these will increase my HP enough to make it worth while to do the work. Also, I'm wondering if strut bars are a good thing to have.

If anyone has some advice for me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
A CAI and exhaust might net you 5-10hp at the motor. It'll sound a bit better too, but I don't know that you'll notice much difference in power. You will likely feel the power a bit more in the top end.

·
Registered
386 Posts
:) Hi,

Intake and exhaust will both work well, particularly with the highest grade of fuel that you can get.

Consider a Powerchip as well. That will improve your low down oomph.

I don't know what spec your suspension is (or how hard you corner) but I'd suggest that it is reasonably firm.

The theory behind the strut bar is that it reduces the tendency for the suspension strut towers to bend in under hard cornering, so maintaining proper suspension geometry.

If you feel that you need front and/or rear strut bars go ahead.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Andrew B)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I have just recently installed a CAI and a K&N Panel filter, in conjuction i also installed a mendrel bent 2inch cat back exhaust. The induction and exhaust note definately improved as well as the response in mid to high rpm's (3000+).

I have an Air/fuel gauge installed as well, with these mods i notice that my car is now running rather lean. So to add furthur response/power i am thinking of adding an FPR (to raise the fuel pressure 3 or 4 psi) This should bring the car back to stoich/slightly rich and thus make a noticable upgrade.

My thoughts: If you install just one of these mods i think you will be disapointed with the overall gain that just one of them gives. However if you put them all on, they will function together quite well and be a worthwhile and a basis for modding.

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts