Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted cold air induction to their Grandeur and if so did it improve the fuel economy ? Have a look at the standard induction piping after the air filter it goes all around the houses looks like its a bit choked up to me. Around the corner under the fuse box then into some box behind the inner gaurd. With the price of fuel any improvement will be worth it in the long run,what do you think ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
:) R1 concepts in US sells drilled cadium plated rotors and semi-metalic pads, good price, really improves my stopping ability.
tuningcarparts.com has a whole list of cold air induction kits for XG. Just ordered one. Comes with a heat deflector as well. Also has the electric supercharger for it as well. Not sure about that, sounds like a gimmick.
Borla exhaust systems makes a CAT-Back system out of 3" T-304 steel. Same kit that fits the older 91-99 Mitsu GTO. Splits to twin exhaust in the back. Pricey but nice sound.
Can also gut the front pre-cats to add more flow. Doesn't appear to have changed my emission test readings.
If you do not want to go with the induction system, remove the resonator from the intake (small square bottle near the firewall) and plug the whole. Slows down the air flow. It is there to quieten the air intake. Totally useless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:) R1 concepts in US sells drilled cadium plated rotors and semi-metalic pads, good price, really improves my stopping ability.
tuningcarparts.com has a whole list of cold air induction kits for XG. Just ordered one. Comes with a heat deflector as well. Also has the electric supercharger for it as well. Not sure about that, sounds like a gimmick.
Borla exhaust systems makes a CAT-Back system out of 3" T-304 steel. Same kit that fits the older 91-99 Mitsu GTO. Splits to twin exhaust in the back. Pricey but nice sound.
Can also gut the front pre-cats to add more flow. Doesn't appear to have changed my emission test readings.
If you do not want to go with the induction system, remove the resonator from the intake (small square bottle near the firewall) and plug the whole. Slows down the air flow. It is there to quieten the air intake. Totally useles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts