Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced my timing belt and water pump and noticed it doesn't go like it did before asked the mechanic and he said I would know all about it if it was off a notch on timing belt ..it goes a lot like it did before I replaced the spark plugs and leads so I'm guessing it needs new coils .so I was wondering if anyone knows of or experienced new leads mucking up the old coils

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,628 Posts
After the mechanics warning did you go back and double check that all your timing marks are all properly aligned?
And no, I've never heard of plug leads mucking up the ignition coils.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After the mechanics warning did you go back and double check that all your timing marks are all properly aligned?
And no, I've never heard of plug leads mucking up the ignition coils.

What I'm saying is the timing is not out because I can still drive it fine it just has a miss proberly due for a set of coils anyway the leads were numbered so guessing they were it's originals I changed them ...i was just thinking sudden changes might mess up old coils

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,628 Posts
What I'm saying is the timing is not out
But you never went back and double checked. So you don't really know whether it's the timing or not.

ilkin797 said:
I can still drive it fine it just has a miss
It just has a miss that it didn't have before you did the belt. So it's possible that the miss is because the timing marks are slightly out of alignment.
It's got to be worth rechecking your work before you start throwing parts at it, don't you think?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can pick up a set of coils for $55 Australian dollars and it might fix it or spend 4 hours messing around with my car wich some people can't be bothered doing and take it to mechanic and pay them lol just to find out the timing is not out lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts