Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for coil-overs i currently have H&R springs on monroes, the stance and ride quality is annoying. i was wondering are any of the coil-over products form the 4 door genesis compatible with the sonata or even from the newer model sonatas, cause i have found a lot more of those sets for a cheaper price. Downhiller i wanna hear your input, im hesitant of trying to order some from korea lol

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
QUOTE (zsonata @ Oct 29 2010, 08:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367260
I was looking for coil-overs i currently have H&R springs on monroes, the stance and ride quality is annoying. i was wondering are any of the coil-over products form the 4 door genesis compatible with the sonata or even from the newer model sonatas, cause i have found a lot more of those sets for a cheaper price. Downhiller i wanna hear your input, im hesitant of trying to order some from korea lol
How are the monroes with the H&Rs? too bouncy?

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
QUOTE (zsonata @ Oct 29 2010, 06:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367260
I am pretty sure there are a few coil over kits for the Sonata its self.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea the monroes suck, but i want a coilover system there are plenty for the genesis sedan and the newer sonata with some custom work i think they will fit anyone object?

·
Registered
261 Posts
They do make ones for our cars, but what I think zsonata is getting at is there is a much larger selection, better prices and U.S. dealers of Genesis coupe coilovers. So, if it was a simple mod to make them work on our cars, I can see the benefit of buying some.

On the other hand, spring rates and dampening will be off due to the different weight loads on the coupe, so I dont know how well they would work even if they fit on our cars.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know but i have found some parts for the new sonata and genesis sedan from some US vendors does anyone know if i will have a hard time making them fit?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so how can i order coilovers from korea? all those companies make top notch products! i want them!

·
Banned
873 Posts
^r u talking about me? i have the neotech ve's... but its not installed yet.. gonna wait till winter is over.. and i dont think there is a way to import those legit brand coilovers internationally unless you personally know someone in korea...

www.kspec.com sells t&p coilovers internationally which is a very good quality korean brand. You can also check out neotech coilovers like what i have or SMA coilovers, these are all the coilover brands that are available to oversea shipping and all are fairly reliable brands.. but whatever you do.. AVOID kspec coilovers for our sonatas.. they are garbage

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Nov 1 2010, 09:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368147
^r u talking about me? i have the neotech ve's... but its not installed yet.. gonna wait till winter is over.. and i dont think there is a way to import those legit brand coilovers internationally unless you personally know someone in korea...

www.kspec.com sells t&p coilovers internationally which is a very good quality korean brand. You can also check out neotech coilovers like what i have or SMA coilovers, these are all the coilover brands that are available to oversea shipping and all are fairly reliable brands.. but whatever you do.. AVOID kspec coilovers for our sonatas.. they are garbage
You mean KSport? The V2 s are supposedly better(the black ones not the orange ones)... but the spring rate on those things are pretty stiff.

·
Banned
873 Posts
^oops yes i meant ksport :p. alot of my friends went with ksport for their cars inccluding tl, g35, integras etc. and they all had troubles with the internals leaking after a year or so.. but yes they were all the orange ones.. its not like they are cheap either i looked up the price here
http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/coilovers_det...product_id=cd01

and its $1400... are you kidding? you can get a better quality bulletproof Techpro (T&P) coilovers for less than that

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Nov 2 2010, 01:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368367
^oops yes i meant ksport :p. alot of my friends went with ksport for their cars inccluding tl, g35, integras etc. and they all had troubles with the internals leaking after a year or so.. but yes they were all the orange ones.. its not like they are cheap either i looked up the price here
http://www.ksportusa.com/asp/coilovers_det...product_id=cd01

and its $1400... are you kidding? you can get a better quality bulletproof Techpro (T&P) coilovers for less than that
actually its about $900... here is the cheapest I could find

1 - 17 of 17 Posts