Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Doc_V @ May 6 2010, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320288
I love it! The stance is perfect! So how does it ride and what about scraping driveways, parking-lot-stops, etc? Also, how much did you pay to have them installed?
No scraping, It's not a radical drop so I don't expect major problems, I have a pretty good size curb at the end of my driveway and no problem at all. The install was $295.00

QUOTE (tefunk @ May 6 2010, 04:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320317
How's the ride?
These are the LE version so damping is adjustable. Based on input from Shark Racing I had it setup in the softest setting. The ride is stiffer than the SE but I will have a better impression after my trip tomorrow. I'll be putting 100 miles on it and can give better feedback.

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE (SERGEANT_AT_ARMS @ May 6 2010, 04:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320322
These are the LE version so damping is adjustable. Based on input from Shark Racing I had it setup in the softest setting. I was surprised how nicely it rode, if your satisfied with the SE ride quality then I think you would be happy. I would say it is VERY slightly stiffer than the SE but I will have a better impression after my trip tomorrow. I'll be putting 100 miles on it and can give better feedback.
When I first saw your post, I'd assumed it was the $395 lowering springs on the Shark Racing site; is this an actual full on "coil-over" set up with new shocks, struts and springs with fully adjustable ride-height etc.? If so, how much were they?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Doc_V @ May 6 2010, 05:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320362
When I first saw your post, I'd assumed it was the $395 lowering springs on the Shark Racing site; is this an actual full on "coil-over" set up with new shocks, struts and springs with fully adjustable ride-height etc.? If so, how much were they?
Yes, full coilover setup. I wanted control of height and ride so this was the only way to go. Car was dropped only 25mm and dampers set at full soft. If I can get wheel alignment specs I will get that done tomorrow. I'm really happy with the mild drop though ride quality is stiff. Total price installed was $1995.00.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Found this on the HMASERVICE web site...hope it all translates and hope it helps...

Front Wheel Alignment

When using a commercially available computerized wheel alignment equipment to inspect the front wheel alignment, always position the vehicle on a level surface with the front wheels facing straight ahead.
Prior to inspection, make sure that the front suspension and steering system are in normal operating condition and that the tires are inflated to the specified pressure.
Toe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B - A > 0: Toe in (+)
B - A < 0: Toe out (-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toe adjustment1. Loosen the tie rod end lock nut.
2. Remove the bellows clip to prevent the bellows from being twisted.
3. Adjust the toe by screwing or unscrewing the tie rod. Toe adjustment should be made by turning the right and left tie rods by the same amount.

Toe
Total : 0.16° ± 0.2°
Individual : 0.8° ± 0.1°

4. When completing the toe adjustment, install the bellows clip and tighten the tie rod end lock nut to specified torque.

Tightening torque:
50 ~ 55 N.m (5.0 ~ 5.5 kgf.m, 36 ~ 40 lb-ft)

Camber and Caster
Camber and Caster are pre-set at the factory, so they do not need to be adjusted. If the camber and caster are not within the standard value, replace or repair the damaged parts and then inspect again.

Camber angle: -0.5° ± 0.5°

Caster angle : 4.44° ± 0.5°

Rear wheel alignment

When using a commercially available computerized wheel alignment equipment to inspect the rear wheel alignment, always position the vehicle on a level surface.
Prior to inspection, make sure that the rear suspension system is in normal operating condition and that the tires are inflated to the specified pressure.
Toe

B - A > 0: Toe in (+)
B - A < 0: Toe out (-)

Toe adjustment1. Loosen the nut holding the assist arm cam bolt (A).
2. Adjust rear toe by turning the rear assist arm cam bolt (A) clockwise or counter clockwise. Toe adjustment should be made by turning the right and left cam bolt by the same amount.

Toe
Total : 0.17° ± 0.2°
Individual : 0.085° ± 0.1°

3. When completing the toe adjustment, tighten the nut to specified torque.

Tightening torque:
107.9~117.7 N.m (11.0~12.0 kgf.m,79.6~86.8 lb-ft)

Camber
Camber is pre-set at the factory, so it does not need to be adjusted. If the camber is not within the standard value, replace or repair the damaged parts and then inspect again.

Camber: -1.0° ± 0.5°

·
Registered
623 Posts
Looks good. :thumbsup:

I just went the cheaper route and had the lowering springs from shark racing installed today. Car does look a lot better without as much wheel gap.

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
QUOTE (EL'ation @ May 8 2010, 08:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320850
Looks great!
I think the front can be touch lower or rear can be touch higher to even up the gaps.

Sometimes rear cambers can be fixed by adding washers to the rear control arms. Not sure how Sonata is like.
http://www.diymyhonda.com/civic/rear-washer-camber-trick/
But, the wandering at high speeds is most likely an issue with front caster. At least that's my guess. Either way, it's not something you're going to get your dealer to do. It's also unlikely you'll even get a standard repair shop to do.

It could also just be the low rolling resistance tires. It's possible over 80 mph they just have no rolling resistance at all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I put about 500 miles on the coilovers last week and can give a better impression of the ride quality after driving on familiar roads. The ride is definately stiffer than the stock SE, so if your unhappy with the stock ride being too stiff these arent for you. The damping is set at full soft on these but they are coilovers and they are stiffer than stock. Not kidney busting mind you but noticably stiffer with a bit of bobblehead effect on wavy sections.

I am going to lower the front another 1/4 inch tomorrow to get the stance I'm looking for and will post pics when I can.

·
Registered
51 Posts
QUOTE (SERGEANT_AT_ARMS @ May 16 2010, 12:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323304
I put about 500 miles on the coilovers last week and can give a better impression of the ride quality after driving on familiar roads. The ride is definately stiffer than the stock SE, so if your unhappy with the stock ride being too stiff these arent for you. The damping is set at full soft on these but they are coilovers and they are stiffer than stock. Not kidney busting mind you but noticably stiffer.

I am going to lower the front another 1/4 inch tomorrow to get the stance I'm looking for and will post pics when I can.

I love the ride of my SE, dont think its to stiff and all the roads I use are smooth, bet I would love this. FYI, I added the strut bar and it rocks in the corners I can tell the difference.

·
Registered
623 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts