Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Azera has 200k miles. I have pretty much replaced all of the suspension parts within the last couple of years.

Last week I took her in for an alignment. Although he was able to do it, he was unable to adjust the toe and camber (I think that's what it is). He told in order to do that, I need to get the subframe readjusted. He also told me that is probably causing premature tire wear.

He also told me that I should replace the coil springs. In addition to the subframe readjustment, new coil springs are needed to remedy the premature tire wear. This is because the car has 200k miles and is causing the car to sag; putting uneven and premature wear on the tires.

My questions are the following: 1) Is there a such thing as a subframe readjustment? And if so, how likely is it to cause premature tire wear? I never heard of this. And 2) How long do stock coil springs last for (on average). Is it strange that I would need to change them? Can they cause premature tire wear?

I look forward to your replies. Thanks!

·
Registered
882 Posts
coil springs may break a little bit due to rust, then it becomes shorter and effect the alignment. Springs can last long, usually the only thing that kills the springs is the rust. For coil springs that in rust belt, I would say 10 years, then they become rusty and thinner and start to break

If you have never touched rear suspension, the rear toe and camber adjust bolts are usually rusted and spin with inner sleeve of bushings, so you can't adjust them, if you turn the bolts it may destory the rubber bushings. The only way to do that is to cut old bolts and put new control arms and new bolts in. The mechanic is great, I've seen many mechanics that don't tell the truth.

So once you start to work on rear suspension, you have to replace all

If there's no impact damage on rear suspension, usually you don't need to touch the rear k-frame, unless the k frame bushings are cracked. You can carefully check frame bushings using pry bar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts