Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 I load 4cyl petrol with code PO108. This code comes on first followed shortly after with PO113 Air temp code.It is not the map sensor as a new one has been substituted. It has a 4 wire connector and when the vehicle is running it has 5v on all wires.As I understand it, it should have 5v to 2 of the wires when the connector is disconnected from the map sensor. One of the other wires should change voltage as the engine revs (changing pressure inside inlet system). The other is the wire sending air temp to ECU. I am wondering is it a fried computer. Any expert advise would be great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2009 I load 4cyl petrol with code PO108. This code comes on first followed shortly after with PO113 Air temp code.It is not the map sensor as a new one has been substituted. It has a 4 wire connector and when the vehicle is running it has 5v on all wires.As I understand it, it should have 5v to 2 of the wires when the connector is disconnected from the map sensor. One of the other wires should change voltage as the engine revs (changing pressure inside inlet system). The other is the wire sending air temp to ECU. I am wondering is it a fried computer. Any expert advise would be great.
I have the identical problem. Did you come up with the solution. If not let me know and when I fix mine I will post the repair required.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,309 Posts
when the connector is disconnected from the map sensor...One of the other wires should change voltage as the engine revs (changing pressure inside inlet system).
How could the voltage change with changing pressure inside the inlet system when the sensor is disconnected?

dannormal said:
As I understand it, it should have 5v to 2 of the wires
That's not quite right. The voltages on the sensor harness connector when the sensor is disconnected should be :
  • 5V Power Supply
  • 5V Air Temp Signal
  • 5V MAP Signal
  • 0V Sensor Ground
If ALL the wires on your sensor are showing 5V that means the sensor ground is open circuit. That's what the two trouble codes are telling you too. Codes that say a signal voltage is too high are usually caused by a problem on the part of the circuit that is supposed to pull the signal voltage low...the ground.

Quick fix is :
  • ID the ground wire
  • Cut it a couple of inches back from the sensor
  • Insulate the wire on the harness side of the cut
  • Extend the wire on the sensor side of the cut and crimp an eyelet on the end.
  • Find a convenient bolt on the engine and place the eyelet under the bolt.
The engine block isn't the best ground for a sensor but it's better than none at all.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How could the voltage change with changing pressure inside the inlet system when the sensor is disconnected?

That's not quite right. The voltages on the sensor harness connector when the sensor is disconnected should be :
  • 5V Power Supply
  • 5V Air Temp Signal
  • 5V MAP Signal
  • 0V Sensor Ground
If ALL the wires on your sensor are showing 5V that means the sensor ground is open circuit. That's what the two trouble codes are telling you too. Codes that say a signal voltage is too high are usually caused by a problem on the part of the circuit that is supposed to pull the signal voltage low...the ground.

Quick fix is :
  • ID the ground wire
  • Cut it a couple of inches back from the sensor
  • Insulate the wire on the harness side of the cut
  • Extend the wire on the sensor side of the cut and crimp an eyelet on the end.
  • Find a convenient bolt on the engine and place the eyelet under the bolt.
The engine block isn't the best ground for a sensor but it's better than none at all.

View attachment 446977

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated
I will have a check of that tomorrow. If it works out, the coffee is on me. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts