Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is frustrating seems here in Houston the Hyundai dealer doesn't like to answer basic questions..

My inlaws 2006 Santa Fe with a 3.5 P0151 & P2100 in limp mode will slowly hit 2800ROM's unless you touch brake pedal then looses all throttle reference????? Any suggestions would be truely appreciated.... anyone in Houston area have suggestions on manuals to diagnosis I would gladly buy real shop manuals for proper diagnosis procedure.. thanks in advance for any assistance

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,272 Posts
Hello Randy, welcome to the forum 00000732

Looks like you have two unrelated faults going by your codes. I'd suggest ignoring P0151 for now as it's unlikely to have anything to do with your throttle issue.

I don't have a lot of info or much experience on the 3.5V6 engine. They didn't sell many V6 motors here in the UK. From the info I have, P2100 code comes back as an open circuit in the ETS (Electronic Throttle System) power supply circuit. A good place to start looking for a power supply problem is checking the fuses. Personally, I start almost every job by checking ALL the fuses, but the one that is specifically relating to the ETS power supply is Fuse 29 on the dash board fusebox...see below. If the fuse is OK I think you'd next want to check the ETS power supply right at the PCM, located under the heater box at the center of the dash.

Regards.
Scott.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would take the intake tube off so you can see the throttle plate. Then turn on the key till the dash lights illuminate and go under the hood and find the throttle cable. Manually with your hand actuate the throttle and watch the plate to see if it moves while you actuate the accelerator position sensor. If it doesn't, then it could be the APS(accelerator position sensor) I hear that is coming with the 3.5

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue and I can not figure out how to fix this. Let me know if you find the solution, if I find it first ill let you know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every drivability concern starts are power distribution center for me....LOL I have it pinned down to the Electronic Throttle Controller they claim its under the Cigar lighter in center of dash.... HOWEVER!!!!!!!!! LOL it just isn't there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ughgh I cannot find an accurate components locator picture.....

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Every drivability concern starts are power distribution center for me....LOL I have it pinned down to the Electronic Throttle Controller they claim its under the Cigar lighter in center of dash.... HOWEVER!!!!!!!!! LOL it just isn't there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ughgh I cannot find an accurate components locator picture.....
ETS info/PCM location attached, hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
I have it pinned down to the Electronic Throttle Controller they claim its under the Cigar lighter in center of dash....HOWEVER.... it just isn't there.
Again, I'm not that familiar with the 3.5 V6 engines but I think the info you've found is for an earlier version of the engine than the one your working with. Earlier versions of the engine had a separate throttle control module. Your trouble code suggests you have a later engine and the throttle is controlled by the main engine PCM. That might explain why you can't find it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did you attempt the procedure I gave you. It will tell you if The APS Is telling the throttle plate to move. You could always pull the battery cable of for about a minute and that will reset the computer. Befo re you do that though, I would check the APS and throttle control motor connections (on the throttle body near firewall)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@ Chris6414, all testing was done sadly the son inlaw had already thrown a ton of parts at this vehicle before it arrived.... Yes sir that was one of the changed parts..... since I have had it I have done actual Diagnosis and follow the trail to the "ETC module" well actually the PCM seeing as in late 05 they integrated those two together... and as Autospark has suggested(correctly I might add...thanks AutoSpark) it is a failed PCM now the fun part is getting this poor old man(bout 78) to understand that is what the problem is.... his PCM is slipping as well... sad sad story on this repair... guys once I R&R that PCM I will update the post.... I really appreciate all the responses... have a great one guys.... LOL I have a ETS module or sale if anyone wants one....LOL Hyundai's books are a joke they actually claim this vehicle had a separate module......LOL thanks again folks....

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Service bulletin that outlines diag for codes (most are listed as code pairs)...

3.5 ETC system is a piece of CRAP !! Nothing easy with it, and really expensive to buy new parts,, throttle body as $1100 I think..

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
it is a failed PCM
I assume you have checked all the PCM power supplies and grounds before coming to that conclusion? Particularly the ETS power supply on connector 'A' terminal one?

Connector 'A' is the one nearest the front of the car....pinout below. And remember, when testing PCM power supplies you need to have the PCM connected and back probe the connector terminals (with the ignition switched on). The PCM controls the relays that supply some of the power and it can't control them when it's disconnected.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before I 100% commit to the PCM being out I am trying to find schematics and test actual testing procedures I refuse to just toss parts at a vehicle!!!!!!!!!! hard part is finding a dealer that will let me scroll or copy the diag procedure...... they are not very understanding in these parts... worst thing I absolutely am not making a dime on this little project..... The actual owner is a stage 4 cancer patient who is worried to death about this car being fixed..ughgh and has limited income

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Before I 100% commit to the PCM being out I am trying to find schematics and test actual testing procedures I refuse to just toss parts at a vehicle!!!!!!!!!! hard part is finding a dealer that will let me scroll or copy the diag procedure...... they are not very understanding in these parts... worst thing I absolutely am not making a dime on this little project..... The actual owner is a stage 4 cancer patient who is worried to death about this car being fixed..ughgh and has limited income
In the pursuit of keeping costs down, I know there is a pick/pull place in Houston. My local one usually has 4 to 5 santa fe's in their yard.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Need to revisit your codes...

0151 come back as an OX concern....

There is NO 2100 in the 2006 3.5L DTC menu for engine control.....

Before you burn any more rubber,,,,,,,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts