Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!
My engine light came on and i got the code P0010 - Intake camshaft position actuator circuit/ open bank 1

my cars gas milege has decreased. ITS BAD
the car has a hard time accelerating and it surges on its own. i notice that the rpm goes up alot without me pressing the gas. When i am stopped at a light my car jerks. the car runs super rough and sounds rough as well.

Has anyone had this happen to them? and how did you fix it?

·
Registered
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe GL Sport
14 Posts
HELP!!!
My engine light came on and i got the code P0010 - Intake camshaft position actuator circuit/ open bank 1

my cars gas milege has decreased. ITS BAD
the car has a hard time accelerating and it surges on its own. i notice that the rpm goes up alot without me pressing the gas. When i am stopped at a light my car jerks. the car runs super rough and sounds rough as well.

Has anyone had this happen to them? and how did you fix it?
Did you check to see if there is any engine sludge present? If there is, you must clean it, clear the code, and rescan to see if it is still present.

I got code P0010 and its the camshaft and crankshaft sensor that needs to be replace including the wirings. Luckily I bought the parts at reasonable price on this website https://www.autopartsway.com

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Sport
26 Posts
I just had same exact problem. P0010. I replaced the intake camshaft positioner sensor, $34 part. Cleared Code and it is coming back in again, changing sensor did not fix the problem. Once in awhile while driving I would get 2 P0010 codes for bank 1, and the P0011 code also, but the P0011 code only comes in once in great while. Trying to figure out next step to troubleshooting this issue. Do I need to next change the oil actuator solenoid, think they call this CVVT or something like that? or Clean it out? The intake sensor was extremely tough to get to , they leave almost no clearance after all things removed to get wrench to reach the single 10mm bolt which holds sensor in place. The intake sensor had fair amount of oil built up on body, I was unable to reach into fully clean out the sensor port. In researching problem I saw article on 2015 Sonata having similar issue and the person had to use special built tool for a TSB that pushed a seal into place on left side of the cam, under the cover at end of camshaft sensor cover. Mine is 2016 Hyundai sport 2.4 L with 115,000 miles. For record to replace the intake position sensor required removal of air intake scoop(3 phillips screws), Air filter intake hose assembly and connectors, an emission sensor and valve with mounting plate;mounting plate had 12mm bolt requiring removal, and two sets of tubing and hose clamps for tubing connected to emission valve in general location just right of intake sensor, took about 20 minutes to remove everything, but reaching intake sensor was bugger with my large hands, bolt is tough to get at.

So I am left with P0010 still coming in even after changing intake camshaft position sensor. Thinking through next step of action, and thinking perhaps the oil solenoid valve needs cleaning or replacement, CVVT. Thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts