Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Newly registered but have been following for a while. Have a 2010 2.2L CRDI auto (SLX) and have a problem I was hoping someone may be able to help with. Also posted in diesel forum, but is a drvetrain issue so maybe someone will see it here who can help.

When reversing recently put it into drive a little quickly and heard a clunk then the 4WD and ABS warning lights came on. Had to turn engine off then on again then no problem. The same 2 warning lights have come on again a couple of times since, always when changing from reverse to drive. And always need to turn engine off then on again to clear warning lights.

I then took it in for engine and auto service and described problem. (Less than a week after initial issue) The workshop "cleared the codes" but didn't actually fix anything. They said error code was "1782 Position Actuator Sensor".

Then yesterday went to reposition vehicle in our slightly graded driveway. When going from reverse to drive it did not move forward, but felt like had pull, a bit like trying to drive with park break on (and it wasn't).

Took back to workshop today and computer showed same error code, "1782 Position Actuator Sensor".

Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Strong odds that the 'range switch' that sits on top of your transmission (on the shaft that goes down into the transmission from the shift cable, in fact) as this code indicates that something about the gear shift selection vs. indicated position isn't making any sense. There's a TSB out on 2010-2012 that covers this, but it usually includes a C1627 code. Might want to have a look at the attached TSB 14-AT-009 just in case. Am not home or at work, so working a bit from memory. Don't have my notes on that code handy, only TSB.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

Newly registered but have been following for a while. Have a 2010 2.2L CRDI auto (SLX) and have a problem I was hoping someone may be able to help with. Also posted in diesel forum, but is a drvetrain issue so maybe someone will see it here who can help.

When reversing recently put it into drive a little quickly and heard a clunk then the 4WD and ABS warning lights came on. Had to turn engine off then on again then no problem. The same 2 warning lights have come on again a couple of times since, always when changing from reverse to drive. And always need to turn engine off then on again to clear warning lights.

I then took it in for engine and auto service and described problem. (Less than a week after initial issue) The workshop "cleared the codes" but didn't actually fix anything. They said error code was "1782 Position Actuator Sensor".

Then yesterday went to reposition vehicle in our slightly graded driveway. When going from reverse to drive it did not move forward, but felt like had pull, a bit like trying to drive with park break on (and it wasn't).

Took back to workshop today and computer showed same error code, "1782 Position Actuator Sensor".

Thanks.
Hi all,

I have the sma
Hi all,

Thanks.
Hi all,

I have the same model and error code, my local Hyundai dealer cant find error code.
I have changed actutor position sensor but the car still stalls at the traffic light. The traction light cames on but I cant turn it off. I slow down and then accelerate car starts working good, this happens at least once a week.

I would appreciate any suggestion, the dealer charged me $130 and found no issue.

Thanks
Walter

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Hi all,

I have the sma

Hi all,

I have the same model and error code, my local Hyundai dealer cant find error code.
I have changed actutor position sensor but the car still stalls at the traffic light. The traction light cames on but I cant turn it off. I slow down and then accelerate car starts working good, this happens at least once a week.

I would appreciate any suggestion, the dealer charged me $130 and found no issue.

Thanks
Walter
If it's P1782, "Invalid Transmission Gear" located in the Driveshaft 4WD Control section of the manual but I'd be struggling to trust a dealer who can't even research the codes of their own product if that's what you mean by
my local Hyundai dealer cant find error code.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
It shows a possible cause, Transaxle gearshift. Inside the gearshift there's 3 micro switches. mode, upshift, downshift which are related to sports mode.

It's possible for those micro switches to fail or stick.

That's all can help you with, never struck this problem yet on any of my cars

What is this actuator position sensor you replaced?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It shows a possible cause, Transaxle gearshift. Inside the gearshift there's 3 micro switches. mode, upshift, downshift which are related to sports mode.

It's possible for those micro switches to fail or stick.

That's all can help you with, never struck this problem yet on any of my cars

What is this actuator position sensor you replaced?
I ended up having faulty harmonic balance after replacing it the issue isnt there but still having a bit lose of power. I had enough and going to go back to Toyota is more reliable.

Thanks you all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts