12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY CAR

SANTA FE 2005

2.7 LITER

124000 MIL

I HAVE THIS COD P0153

WHEN RESET IT CAME BACK AFTER FEW MIL.

AS PER COD BOOK IT MEANS Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank2, Sensor1)

AND MAIN CAUSE:

The oxygen sensor is faulty
The wiring to the sensor is broken / frayed
There is an exhaust leak

I HAVE DONE:

1- OXYGEN SENSOR (BANK2, SENSOR 1) REPLACED BY NEW.
2- AIR MASS SENSOR REPLACED BY NEW BEFORE 3 MONTHS.
3- SPARK PLUGS REPLACED NGK .
4- FUEL FILTER REPLACED.
5- AIR FILTER REPLACED.
6- NO VISUAL EXHAUST LEAK.
7- NO VACUUM LEAK.

THE COD STILL COMING.

PLEASE ANY ONE CAN HELP?:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
What brand of senser did you buy? I recently had to fix a sanata with code po154. Bank one senser 1. You cant go cheap on the exhaust sensers like autozone or others like those stores. I prefer denso sensers. U also may need a scanner to display o2 senser feedback from the ecm.here are the steps i performed when doing the repair. Plug in scanner. Enter car data (make,year,model) start car. Go under o2 senser data have it display live readings. You should know then what senser it is. In you're case u know. Disconnect battery. Replace senser with a high quality brand. (Denso) leave battery off for 5 minutes. Reconnect battery. Start engine. Erase all trouble codes. You're o2 senser is sticking and cant relay imfo to the ecm in time. Make sure all connections are tight. I you want u can spray some mass airflow cleaner in the connector where you're connecting the new senser in. That should help

·
Registered
54 Posts
Check the 02 sensor heater white wires for ground and voltage with key on engine off. The 02 will be slow to come around when cold if the heater is bad.
my best guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts