Hyundai Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased an I10 have not yet done a 1000 miles, the clutch is juddering and shaking the engine mounts'. Dont feel I can put up with it any longer taking back to the dealers tomorrow. It looks as if the problem has been with this model for a long time. I dont think I should have been sold a new car if they new there were ongoing faults on it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi tal,
Were you not advised by your dealer that this is a feature of the i10, comes included as standard on almost all new i10's.
seriously though, you could try giving it a bit more throttle when moving off from cold, this can sometimes help if the judder is only minor.
I agree with you that this problem is now beyond a joke and Hyundai should have got it sorted long ago, they have only had about three years.

Jez.

·
Registered
668 Posts
QUOTE (Jezza6406 @ Nov 21 2010, 03:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373606
Hi tal,
Were you not advised by your dealer that this is a feature of the i10, comes included as standard on almost all new i10's.
seriously though, you could try giving it a bit more throttle when moving off from cold, this can sometimes help if the judder is only minor.
I agree with you that this problem is now beyond a joke and Hyundai should have got it sorted long ago, they have only had about three years.

Jez.
Yes I agree with that.

But tal scroll down the forums to juddering clutch when cold or damp well over 300 posts now.
I am sorry but it will make grim reading for you and any one else who would expect a modern motor car manufacturer to be able to make something as simple as a clutch.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would be tempted to reject the vehicle. Show them the long and sorrow thread on this site as proof of a fundamental fault.
They may try and deny it but the evidence is impossible to ignore.

It is indeed a great shame that such a great little car is ruined by Hyundai intransigence.

Personnaly I still suspect it is likely to be contamination by oil, rather than a mechanical fault, so simply changing the clutch wont cure anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All
Just to let you know Im now on my 3rd Clutch since new in Sep 09!!!
The problem was meant to be fixed by a new clutch, but guess what........!!!!

My car still has the problem but not as bad at the moment, but ive only done 400 miles on the new clutch!!

My problem manifests itself that in its mildest form, when pulling away the revs drop dramatically causing it to stall sometimes!
If more revs are used mild judder occurs!!

In its worst case senario, if pulling out quickly with lots of revs, the car just sits and vibrates like old fasioned axle tramp.
This is pretty dangerous as it normally happens when pulling out into fast moving traffic!!!

Also as a side note, had a gearbox oil leak repaired under warranty by Hyundai Lincoln.
I was told it would take 4.5hrs to do the work, so left it with them for 5 hrs.
When I got back I was told it wasnt ready and would be anouther 40mins to an hour!
A further 2 hours later I got my car back!!!!
When questioned about the delay, I was told Hyundai only give them 4.5hrs to do the job but it takes longer!!
My question is if this is correct why was I told 4.5hrs!!!
And to top it all, I had a loan car and had to pay for the petrol!
It was only £2.83, but Hyundai Lincoln wouldnt waive the money as a goodwill gesture!!!!!

Also now on my 7th radio!!!!!

Buters beware!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never thought so many would reply to my comments in such a short time. I visited the dealer this morning and guess what, the clutch lost the judder on the way. I covered about 30 miles having had to call at a few places on the way. The engineer came out and examined the car and listened to what I said. Apparently the judder is most prominent when the engine is cold and gradually gets better as it warms up. He confirmed that they have had problems with a number of this model. He explained because ferodo linings are now banned because of the aspestos they are made of, another product is being used. The engineer accepted my complaint was justified and was told if it continued to give this problem he would change the clutch for me. I must say he was most helpfull. Whether they have changed the type of clutch lining I dont know. Will keep you all informed on the next move.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Where are you Mr Pogle this thread should be included with the Shuddering clutch when cold or damp thread which has been running for a long time now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.