Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have owned my 08 accent for almost two years now and was wondering, as opposed to other cars this vehicle clutch enguages ans disenguages kinda high. ive complained about it to the dealer when it was new and their reply was that it was the nature of the car, that they are all like that. i didnt think of it at the time but i should have test drove another for compairison. the clutch has allways felt weak to grip and i have never really been able to get a good launch out of it. does anyone on here feel the same way with their vehicle? are there any adjustments i could make? thank you for any answers on this matter.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
it does grab kind of high. there might be some adjustability of the pedal mechanism, if anything i would think where the cable passes through the firewall. I was under there just looking yesterday and noticed there is an adjustable stopper as to how far up you want the pedal to sit. I wouldnt go messing with that until you figure out if you can adjust the point where the clutch engages though.

when autocrossing I launch from 3k rpm. i get a little wheelspin with my stickier tires, if I launched any higher it would just spin tires more. but it seems to launch pretty good. on the street lately i have noticed if i am accelerating quick, i can chirp tires shifting into 2nd pretty easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts