Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Santa Fe 2001, 4wd and recently I noticed some leakage under the car, it seems that clutch master cylinder is gone, e.g. i fill up brake and clutch liquide in the morning and few hour later brake light comes up, it bleeds out in no time....paddle is often stuck and I have turn off the car if I drive it in reverse, cause I can not take it out of the reverse...
Now I would like to know how long it takes to change that thing and should I change the clutch at the same time, last time I changed clutch was 60.000km...
Questions:
1. How much time it will take to replace master clutch cylinder (what about slave should it be changed as well)?!?!
2. Do I have to change clutch at the same time (it get grip few millimeters before I remove my feet of the paddle)?!?
3. Flywheel do I have to change that as well (Santa is driven 170.000km)?!?
Thanks in advance
Bane

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
The hydraulic system and the actual clutch are quite separate. The master/slave cylinders are pretty easy to replace so you should just do that. Replacing the clutch is a much bigger issue. Clutch is non adjustable, so it will always engage high. Worry about it when it slips and you're sure the hydraulic system is not the problem. Flywheels are expensive and you generally don't need to replace it unless you totally fry the clutch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts