Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

picked up my new-to-me Elantra yesterday, and noticed that the clutch engagement point is very near the floor (I'd guess about an inch off of the floor). The feeling of the pedal is smooth, and I don't hear any strange noises. There's no slippage either from the clutch.

Maybe it's after having driven a car with a high engagement point for years that throws me off, but I don't recall ever having driven a car where it was that low.

Thanks for any feedback or links to threads that I may have missed when searching.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Congratulation on getting a M/T Elantra. I had to go to the next state (Utah) to get my new Elantra with M/T. I really like it and get great mileage. Over 100k miles and average over 40 mpg.

I just checked my 2012 M/T Elantra. My clutch also starts to engage about 1 inch from the floor. The clutch definitely takes some getting use to. I had driven M/T Hondas and I had to relearn the shifting with the Elantra.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
So long as it fully dis-engages and you don't have clash during shifts you're good. Just need to get used to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to hear it's normal. Coming from my Evolution X, the feeling is worlds appart, but I'm slowly getting used to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts