Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post here. i am about to do a clutch replacement on my 2003 Getz after 165,000kms. I was wondering if anyone knew what size clutch would be required.

It is an Australian 3 door 1.5l 5 speed. VIN: KMHBT31AR4U051018, Trans: J, Axle: F, built Oct 2003

I have been quoted options of 200mm or 215mm.

Is there a way to find out prior to removal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AUTOSPARK, multiple clutch suppliers were not helpful. Most of the online lookup tools show a change in the clutch size to 215mm after 11/2004. Hence my confusion.

I am curious where you sourced your info.

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,283 Posts
Most of the online lookup tools show a change in the clutch size to 215mm after 11/2004.

I am curious where you sourced your info.
The info is from the dealer workshop manual that I acquired when I worked for Hyundai back in 2003.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,283 Posts
Sorry about that, but what chance has anyone else got of getting it right when the factory manual is wrong. That's just one of the joys of working in the motor trade I'm afraid. Welcome to my world.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It could have already been done, if the driver was ****/riding clutch.

Any part store should be able to look it up for you. I bought my kit from eBay and they could do the same.

Mechanics do fit wrong parts. I bought a leganza and the mechanic fitted the wrong timing belt too much force on the gears snapped the water pump and pissed out the coolant cooked the motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts