Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, quick question for anyone who may know. I am changing the clutch and when I got everything apart the clutch disk fell out when I pulled off the pressure plate. I didn't get to notice if the high side of the clutch disk with the springs was facing towards the pressure plate or towards the flywheel !!! I don't have the new kit yet so I am not sure if the disk will be marked flywheel side or not! It was such a mother to get apart, I wouldn't be able to handle installing it wrong! If anyone has any experience with this your knowledge would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
'' I didn't get to notice if the high side of the clutch disk with the springs was facing towards the pressure plate or towards the flywheel !!!''

the high side faces the cover......the 'flat' side of the drive plate always faces the flywheel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. I thought that was the case. Like I said, not sure if the disk will be marked when I get the kit, so I thought I would start researching now. This is quite the job for a small car!!! :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
what all did you drop in order to get the transmission off? subframe?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Didn't drop it completely, loosened up the front of the sub frame to squeeze the transmission into the wheel well. Tried to take off as little as possible, but there is just no room what so ever. I couldn't get the rear engine mount off the transmission either do to space so it is quite the job!!! Just waiting for the clutch kit now, probably about 10hrs total into, but going back together should be a little quicker, not looking forward to splining the transmission back in though, going to be a lot of twisting and pushing I can see! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts