Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the lights on their dash? I'm in the process (weather permitting) of redoing my interior accents to red. I would love if I could change out the stock blue lights for red lights to match the trim. Has anyone attempted this yet?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,323 Posts
Someone did post a write-up on doing that on one of the Sonata forums a while back.
Try using the forums excellent search feature and see what you find.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Ha, buy a Kia for a red dash, turned me off, so purchased a Hyundai instead. Know on the older stuff, used incandescent with colored filters, now using mostly colored LED's, never had a good reason to remove the dash on my Limited, use to use through the hole PCB's, now mostly surface mount. If this is what they are using, really need specialized equipment to replace anything.

Kind of go by, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Also a question of warranty. Use to be able to repair my car radios, this is history, using specialized ASIC's, application specific integrated circuits, where replacements are not even available.

In production, with surface mount, if a unit didn't work, would just pitch it, would go by yield rates, tried to hit 99%. Kind of like baking cookies, that is easy, but did you ever try to unbake a cookie?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts