Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here and I wanted to voice a concern of mine regarding my 2017 Sport 2.0T. When I start the car, the car starts and runs/drives perfectly fine, no issues whatsoever. But right as the car starts and I let go of the key, there is a small clunk/thunk. There is a small vibration as I hear this and was wondering if I should be concerned and take it to the shop or if this was a normal thing. The car has about 14.5K miles and I bought her at 13K miles. Since I've owned her, I've only been using 91 octane (yadda yadda yadda, you're wasting cash).

What do you guys think it is? Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't pick it up on the phone video recording, but I may be able to find something similar to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now mine clunking noise is not as severe as this car, but it's similar in noise to what I was facing. Posting link below. (I have less than 5 posts, so it won't allow me to do in this message.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Motor mount would be the most common source for the torque at start-up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Motor mount would be the most common source for the torque at start-up.
A motor mount so soon? The car only has about 14.5k miles. I guess I should also mention that it only happens after the car has been warmed up (never on a cold start), and turned off and started again after 10-15 minutes or more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I may have figured out what it is.

If I pump the brakes to pressurize them before I start the car, the clunk doesn't happen. Which leads me to think that it was to do with the brake system pressurizing itself when the car is started.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts