Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me what the part # for whatever harnesses are needed to use the stereo/cruise control clock spring? They have a different connector on the back. Asking because I bought the steering wheel stereo controls on ebay to use with my stereo but need this thing too.

(left = clockspring from Accent with steering wheel controls. Right = regular version)

Attachments

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
Can anybody tell me what the part # for whatever harnesses are needed to use the stereo/cruise control clock spring? They have a different connector on the back. Asking because I bought the steering wheel stereo controls on ebay to use with my stereo but need this thing too.

(left = clockspring from Accent with steering wheel controls. Right = regular version)

Wow, man, you're really going to town on this thing!

As I mentioned before, your car is a bit different from mine, even though they look the same, because mine has a throttle cable and yours is drive-by-wire. Others with Elantras have had no problem installing a new clockspring and steering wheel and having everything work.

Good luck.

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
I actually discovered mine does in fact have a throttle cable too.

Gee, I thought the 2010's started the drive-by-wire. There was a write up for a 2010/1 hatch and the guy had DBW.

Maybe different markets, or what Toyota used to do with me"

Can I get a <name fairly expensive part here> for my Corolla?

WHat's the build date?

Does it matter?

If it's before the second week of April, the part is $175. After that date it's $375

Can you guess which one I had? :crying2:

Reactions: crimsonnocturne

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
I really wish we could come up with an original wheel set up that would work on the 2007's . i would like cruise on mine , but do not want the pogo stick on the side of the add ons.

The one that comes with the Rostra is pretty close to OEM looking, small and squat.

Of course, it is nice to have it in the wheel...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
How do I remove the steering column shroud? Do I just manhandle the top and bottom half apart? I removed 3 screws and it is moving freely, but i just dont know how to separate them

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
How do I remove the steering column shroud? Do I just manhandle the top and bottom half apart? I removed 3 screws and it is moving freely, but i just dont know how to separate them

Yes, you did ask this before, didn't you?

Once you get the screws out take a screwdriver (GENTLY!!!) or a plastic tool and pry the pieces apart at the left and right sides. It's a snap-together thingy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I successfully have installed the steering wheel controls, and they're working properly with my radio :) For the lighting I just tapped into the illumination + and - on the hazard light button. The clockspring airbag and horn connectors are the same.

For the remote I made my own harness for the clock-spring using the single pin connectors from an old PC case (the ones to connect the power button, power LED etc)

The single wire that is on the harness already should connect to the ground pin.

Here's the pin-out of the control wire.

Pin-out on rear of the clockspring (it's the same really)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts