Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
im looking for a wiring diagram for the clock spring on a hyundai getz.
there a yellow wire that clips into the clock spring for the steering collum.need to know where this wire runs from,as its broke and dont know where to plug it in.any help would be great.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,105 Posts
Is the wire actually broken or it's just disconnected/unplugged?

Sorry, I don't have a diagram to hand, but the airbag circuit only has two connectors on the clockspring. Surely you don't need a wiring diagram to figure out where they go? The harness connector from the SRS module plugs into the column side where the bright yellow locking device is, and the little pigtail on the steering wheel side plugs into the actual airbag. I'm not sure where you can go wrong? Maybe if you explain exactly what the problem is I'll be able to offer better advice.

Scott.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,105 Posts
OK, I just read about your mishap while repairing the horn issue. From your description in the other thread it sounds like you burst the airbag connector off (hopefully) the old clockspring.

If you've replaced the clockspring, the new one should have a connector on the end of the little pigtail that plugs into the back of the airbag. There shouldn't be any wires attached to the airbag itself. If yours has it must just be the remains of the connector from the old clockspring. Once you remove that you should be left with a receptacle with two little gold pins...see image below. Now just plug the airbag into the new clockspring and your sorted....hopefully. The airbag trouble code will need to be erased from the SRS module though before the warning light will go off. You'll probably need to visit a garage to have that done. A generic OBD scan tool isn't able to scan the SRS.

In the off chance you your repair isn't as simple as removing the old connector and plugging your airbag into the new clockspring, I've attached a picture of an undamaged airbag connector below so you can see what wire goes where. Ebay is often a better source of info than the factory wiring diagrams :)

You did center the steering and the clockspring before you installed it...right?

Typical Airbag Receptacle

Getz Clockspring Connector (courtesy of e'bay)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts