Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went to “setup” and then system update. Keep car in on position or it won’t work. Takes about 20 minutes. Fixed the problem plus it updated car software.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This issue affected me last night. But I simply took the SD card out and put it back in while the card was running. Result in a couple of minutes clock back to functioning again👌🏽
This did the trick for. Date and time is now restored

·
Registered
6 Posts
This happened to me as well today and there is a potential fix. I'm going around to all the subforums with similar issues like this to let folks know just in case it helps. See these in the Sonata section:
I had same issue on Thursday or Friday. Clock changed to odd time and 2035 date. I reset and next time I started car the clock was off. I went into settings and ALL options were greyed out. I hae no ability to change time.
I tried to eject and re-insert the SD card and nothing.
Is this a known issue?
Worse, is this a precursor to a larger problem with display or computer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys, Recently my clock started displaying an incorrect time. I have a 2017 Sonata Hybrid Limited with Ultimate package. I have the clock to get its time using the GPS. If I go to the clock settings, the only option that is available to me is to get the time from the GPS. If I so no to GPS time, the option to manually change the time is grayed out. In fact all options are grayed out. There is no way to change the time. Has anyone else had this weird issue?
Yep, happened to the wife's 2017 Santa Fe Sport exactly the same way you've described it exactly 3 days ago as well. After reading suggestions online, removing the SD card that holds the GPS information while the vehicle was off for a day resolved the issue. After reinserting it and turning on the car, the date and time reappeared on the infotainment screen. However, now a new issue has arose. Rather than seeing 360 degrees with the cameras, it's stuck only in backup view.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got off phone with dealer service manager. He spoke with Hyundai Headquarters and they are aware of issue and excepts all to be back to normal by tomorrow afternoon

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue w my 2015 Hyundai Sonata limited Friday, August 16th, showed February 6th and 6:12 am. Where is the address card located that everyone is talking about?
I have the same problem with my 2017 Sonata Hybrid. Have an appt. at the dealer. I was just talking to them and they said Hyundai is aware of the problem and working on it. She told me once they get a fix we should all just have the time back and be correct.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is insane- same thing on my wife's 2015 Limited. All buttons grayed out. I will try the SD card. It has to be a Hyundai update or something that went wrong. Hoping they update the software or something. Thank you for the option! Will try it later tonight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me--noticed it on Friday, called the dealer about it on Saturday. I was told that it was an issue with the satellite and that they are aware and working on it. Mine also said Feb something (now not showing date at all) and is 2 hours and 2 minutes earlier than the actual time. Mine is a 2017 Sonata limited.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, so I thought ejecting and reinserting an SD card multiple times was silly, but ... on the fifth time, IT WORKED!! I now have time on my screen again. Hallelujah! Another thing I thought was silly was how irritated I got every time I looked at that screen and saw —:— where the time should have been. I wear an Apple Watch on my right wrist, and a Garmin golf watch on my left, but darn it, the time was supposed to be on that screen!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, so I thought ejecting and reinserting an SD card multiple times was silly, but ... on the fifth time, IT WORKED!! I now have time on my screen again. Hallelujah! Another thing I thought was silly was how irritated I got every time I looked at that screen and saw —:— where the time should have been. I wear an Apple Watch on my right wrist, and a Garmin golf watch on my left, but darn it, the time was supposed to be on that screen!
Thank you so much for posting this--I did the same and it also took me 5 times before it worked!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Clock problem happened to my santa-fe sport 2017 and thanks to the help here took out my gps chip and put it back with car on mind you and all is well with the world

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had same issue on Thursday or Friday. Clock changed to odd time and 2035 date. I reset and next time I started car the clock was off. I went into settings and ALL options were greyed out. I hae no ability to change time.
I tried to eject and re-insert the SD card and nothing.
Is this a known issue?
Worse, is this a precursor to a larger problem with display or computer?
Hi David - did you try the SD card re-insert more than once? It did take a few people in this thread a few tries before it worked. Someone mentioned keeping the engine on seemed to help as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is insane- same thing on my wife's 2015 Limited. All buttons grayed out. I will try the SD card. It has to be a Hyundai update or something that went wrong. Hoping they update the software or something. Thank you for the option! Will try it later tonight.
Did it work?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The same thing happened on my 2016 Sonata Hybrid Ultimate. I tried removing and replacing the SD card several times (at least 5) without success. The last time I did it I decided to give the car some encouragement so as the media center came back up I threw out my hands and said "Ta-da!" Apparently, praise was all that was required as my clock and date were back up and running! LOL Thanks, gcelleti for the great suggestion regarding the SD card.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi David - did you try the SD card re-insert more than once? It did take a few people in this thread a few tries before it worked. Someone mentioned keeping the engine on seemed to help as well.
I did try a few times. Nothing. Still not working. Ever time I wet to hit update I got a message basically saying my memory was full and could not updaye. I will need to get exact wording for you.
I will be away from my car for the next few days, but will be looking to follow up on this next week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "Mangan37, příspěvek: 5940538, člen: 1192024"]
Měl prodejce nějaké odpovědi? (Nebo alespoň nechte znovu správně fungovat?).
Dej nám vědět!
[/CITÁT]
Ahoj, měl jsem same problem with my clock. 24hours time - gray, summer time - gray only GPS clock i can switch. I reset GPS via SD card. 2 times take out and insert and problem is solved. Clock after 2-4minutes i get.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the report. I did try resetting with suggested SD removal and reinserting. Hasn't worked after three times (in garage). Will take it out for a drive and see if it magically reappears!
This really Voodoo that all these cars hit same problem. Mine was on 8/16 in evening when I noticed time off. I Rest time manually but noticed Date/time missing. When I went to clock settings all greyed out.

Anyway, it took three times for SD card to take fix. Keep trying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The same thing happened on my 2017 Sonata so I tried replacing the SD card and pushed the reset button but The problem has not solved. Finally, I remove the multimedia-related fuse for 5 minutes, LOL!!! the problem was solved. As I know, when navigation related fuses are removed the memory seems to be fully initialized.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now that we all have our clocks back working after 8 days. Does it bother anyone else that Hyundai never sent out an email just saying "sorry for your inconvenience, but we are working on the problem". I think we should be compensated with a free oil change or something along that line. What does anyone else think?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts