Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Recently my clock started displaying an incorrect time. I have a 2017 Sonata Hybrid Limited with Ultimate package. I have the clock to get its time using the GPS. If I go to the clock settings, the only option that is available to me is to get the time from the GPS. If I so no to GPS time, the option to manually change the time is grayed out. In fact all options are grayed out. There is no way to change the time. Has anyone else had this weird issue?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi - Yes!!! Just today!!!! The exact same issue (Clock stopped working, set on GPS time, and doesn't allow me to change it manually)!!! I noticed that you posted this a few minutes ago ..... Weird that two vehicles would have the exact same issue on the same day. Could it be a problem with the "GPS signal"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me yesterday evening (August 16, 2019). I have a 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited. The car was fine during the day. Took the car out at about 8:00 PM. As I was driving I noticed that the the time was indicating 6:12 and the date was showing Feb 6 at the top of the display screen. The clock display below also showed 6:12. Next time I started up the car, the display screen version was completely gone. The time display below kept going (i.e the time kept changing) but it's always 1 hour 50 minutes behind. Tried to go to clock settings - all greyed out. Went to dealership today- someone else had just called in with a similar problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just found this service bulletin (at least for 2017 Hyundai Tucson). Umm wonder if this related to our problems:

NHTSA ID: 10126998
TSB ID: 5NP-G8S6L-01

This bulletin describes the procedure to determine if the vehicle's navigation unit needs to be replaced as a result of the inability to set the clock or view it on the top of the screen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I read one of the other threads where someone popped out the GPS SD and then popped it back in - restarting the GPS and fixing the problem. I tried this - and after trying it twice, the clock is back to normal and the clock settings are no longer greyed out. I don't know if this is a permanent solution...The first time I just popped it out and then almost immediately popped it back in. The second time, I waited for the screen display to change - with a blank time display "--:--". I tried manually setting it but could do nothing still. I popped the SD card back in - the GPS restarted but still appeared that it wasn't working. Went to a a bakery, then to my favourite deli (all took about 10 minutes) - returned to my car and the clol was working again. This was at 11:50 AM August 17.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the report. I did try resetting with suggested SD removal and reinserting. Hasn't worked after three times (in garage). Will take it out for a drive and see if it magically reappears!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Certainly can't say I have solid solution or that it'll continue working! But, as I said, the 2nd time I did wait a bit longer and it didn't immediately resolve itself after restart but only 10 minutes later after I turned on the engine again. I'll let you know if this keeps working!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys, Recently my clock started displaying an incorrect time. I have a 2017 Sonata Hybrid Limited with Ultimate package. I have the clock to get its time using the GPS. If I go to the clock settings, the only option that is available to me is to get the time from the GPS. If I so no to GPS time, the option to manually change the time is grayed out. In fact all options are grayed out. There is no way to change the time. Has anyone else had this weird issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This issue affected me last night. But I simply took the SD card out and put it back in while the card was running. Result in a couple of minutes clock back to functioning again👌🏽

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This issue affected me last night. But I simply took the SD card out and put it back in while the card was running. Result in a couple of minutes clock back to functioning again👌🏽
Thanks. I removed the SD Card out and put it back in. I had to do it two times, but clock issue is now resolved. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks everyone i thought i was the only one who got this issue, pulled the sd for a minute and poped it back twice and everything went back to normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me yesterday evening (August 16, 2019). I have a 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited. The car was fine during the day. Took the car out at about 8:00 PM. As I was driving I noticed that the the time was indicating 6:12 and the date was showing Feb 6 at the top of the display screen. The clock display below also showed 6:12. Next time I started up the car, the display screen version was completely gone. The time display below kept going (i.e the time kept changing) but it's always 1 hour 50 minutes behind. Tried to go to clock settings - all greyed out. Went to dealership today- someone else had just called in with a similar problem.
I had the same issue w my 2015 Hyundai Sonata limited Friday, August 16th, showed February 6th and 6:12 am. Where is the address card located that everyone is talking about?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our 2016 Sonata hybrid limited started with this same issue a couple of days ago. Yes, I also want to know where this SD card that everyone is talking about is? :unsure: We bought our used but under warranty and I do not believe they ever gave us one. This is too much of a coincidence to be random malfunctions, this was a massive failure likely due to some sort of change with their GPS signal. The only other possible explanation is a glitch in the programing of the software, when a certain date and time is reached they failed. :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same issue w my 2015 Hyundai Sonata limited Friday, August 16th, showed February 6th and 6:12 am. Where is the address card located that everyone is talking about?
So in my 2015 Sonata, there is still a CD player in the middle of the dash. The SD card slot is just to the left of the CD player. There is a covering about 1 1/2 " wide - kind of hard to see as it matches the dash - you pull this off (it was connected to the dash with a plastic tether not unlike that which holds the gas cap on ) and inside is the SD card. Push on the SD card and it "pops" out (as there's a spring mechanism involved). Press it back and it'll reset the GSP system.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts