Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears according to my local dealer that the reason that the clock on our 2018 Santa Fe Sport stop showing is because of a software /satellite problem. Huyndai is aware of the problem but it has been going on for over 3 weeks now. Dealer hasn't been any help on what to do next to correct the problem. This problem is effecting other make and models in the Huyndai line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My clock disappeared (showed only dashes) a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't find much online, but ended up reinstalling/updating the software on the head unit and that seemed to fix things. Perhaps give that a try?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Do you mean the actual Settings -> Clock?
Or do you mean the actual clock/time that's displayed on the top row/centered of the Head Unit?
If you mean the latter, my 2017 SFS has been showing: --:--
For about 3 weeks (it typically eventually comes up but may take 5+ minutes sometimes).

I can assure you it's not a software update on the vehicle as I've not updated anything, but if they mean a software update on their end, maybe. I thought it simply used GPS to pull the time (and the NAV unit gets GPS just fine). Although I suppose the GPS system could've had a software update and that screwed up things. I noticed about 3 weeks ago my Apple Maps GPS on my iPhone 10 was all weird. It kept thinking I was about 1,500 feet further south than I really was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My clock disappeared (showed only dashes) a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't find much online, but ended up reinstalling/updating the software on the head unit and that seemed to fix things. Perhaps give that a try?
Got in touch with Huyndai USA about the clock problem 1800 633-5151. Have your vin at the ready. Map updates are out there through huyndaiusamapcaremapsoft.com/huyndai/mapcare

·
Registered
722 Posts
Website says that if you purchased new, customer is authorized to receive three complimentary updates. After that, customer pays out of pocket.
Thanks.
The URL you listed doesn't work (is a letter missing somewhere?)

I noticed the "y" and "u" were switched around, but even correcting the spelling, it doesn't work:
hyundaiusamapcaremapsoft.com/huyndai/mapcare

Also, I think the free updates is not 3 free updates, but rather you have the first 3 years updates free (at least that's how it used to be). And it apparently only applies to 2018 MY:

I found the site, but it's not what you listed:

and per the updates:

"All 2018 Hyundai Motor America vehicles and newer receive three years of complimentary map updates. "

Is your URL that doesn't work state something different?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks.
The URL you listed doesn't work (is a letter missing somewhere?)

I noticed the "y" and "u" were switched around, but even correcting the spelling, it doesn't work:
hyundaiusamapcaremapsoft.com/huyndai/mapcare

Also, I think the free updates is not 3 free updates, but rather you have the first 3 years updates free (at least that's how it used to be). And it apparently only applies to 2018 MY:

I found the site, but it's not what you listed:

and per the updates:

"All 2018 Hyundai Motor America vehicles and newer receive three years of complimentary map updates. "

Is your URL that doesn't work state something different?
Sorry but I can't find the typo. Also I realized that the year of my Hyundai is a 2017 and not a 2018 which means that an update will have to be paid by me.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sorry but I can't find the typo. Also I realized that the year of my Hyundai is a 2017 and not a 2018 which means that an update will have to be paid by me.
Thanks. You had posted this URL:
huyndaiusamapcaremapsoft.com/huyndai/mapcare

Notice that the first word is mis-spelled:
huyndai
should be:
hyundai

However, even fixing that, the URL doesn't work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Call Hyundai USA 1 800 633-5151 and obtain a Case # from the customer service rep. Last week they told us to wait 5 days and call them back for more info if the problem didn't go away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My clock disappearance has been resolved. Of all places I found tech support off the Hyundai FB page. Someone at Hyundai read it and replied with a step-by-step procedure to bring our clock function back. And son of a gun it worked!

·
Registered
722 Posts
My clock disappearance has been resolved. Of all places I found tech support off the Hyundai FB page. Someone at Hyundai read it and replied with a step-by-step procedure to bring our clock function back. And son of a gun it worked!
Care to share what the instructions were?

Although mine seems to have resolved itself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Care to share what the instructions were?

Although mine seems to have resolved itself.
. SD Card removal and re-insertion
o Vehicle must be outside and receiving a good GPS signal.
o With vehicle running and unit fully booted remove the SD card
o Allow the error message SD Card Removed "Or Like Message" to appear
o Press the Soft reset button located on the outside of the unit (may be hidden inside the SD card slot area)
o Allow unit to fully reboot
o Reinstall the SD card and allow system to restart.
o Once restarted and GPS location acquisition has been achieved the date and time should return.
2. Reset button press using a paperclip, located on the front fascia or trim around the knobs of the radio.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts