Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have this noise that is cumming from under the car about dead center Engine area its only heard while driving and more as the car has been driven for some time. From speeds 20mph and above only when increasing speed or when full throttle. It wont do it in park or revving it i jack up the car front end and put in drive only front right tire turns but still no noise(is there away for the left tire to turn). Everthing works normal the noise is low and at times only. tHANKS

2.4L Sonata 68000+miles.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It doesn't sound like an engine problem since revving doesn't produce the noise.
Does the speed of the sound increase as you accelerate?
Also, so you mentioned that the sound only occurs on acceleration, so when you maintain a speed there is no sound?

About one wheel spinning, it is due to the open differential. Look it up on wiki. If you want both tires to spin you'd want to install a limited slip differential or other type. Simply put, it's normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesnt get more louder with increase acceleration just i hear it more i also dont think its the engine i think its with-in the trans or were the cv connects to the trans. And if i do maintain speed 20-45 yes it can be heard just a lot less its like having a small washer inside a soda can banging around thats how i could discribe the sound. Iv been looking around the forum and have seen that some people talk about issues with the flywheel bolts just brainstorming on what it could be as well as the timing belt balance shafts . I talk to the dealer but as he said if they cant pin point it am out of what ever $ Hr they spent looking, also its wierd i ask them for a quote on the valve adjustment and they said its not needed for the 07 2.4L.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts