Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
How are ya?
I have a ticking that comes from the climate control blower. (Whatever it's called.. :) ) I turn it off, it goes away, on it's there. I tried pulling the cabin filter to see if that may be the issue and still there. I am 4k over the 60,000 mi so I figure I am now out of total luck (though I have mentioned it before and they couldn't hear/find anything). Has anyone any thoughts on what it might be and thoughts on what it may cost (of if I just turn up the radio)? It sure does get annoying at times.
Thanks much!
-Andy

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Does the ticking frequency increase with fan speed or stay constant?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi Indy,

If the frequency of the noise changes with the fan speed, I'm guessing a small leaf or pine needle made its way down to the blower. That will go away after a while. If it's still the same sound at different speeds, maybe a bad bearing on the blower motor. My money is on the leaf idea.

Good luck,

Jim

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Drop the fan off the bottom of the box and look/remove whatever from cage if needed.

SUBJECT:

CABIN AIR FILTER / BLOWER MOTOR REPLACEMENT
SERVICE PROCEDURE

Description:

During the Cabin Air Filter replacement procedure, it is important not to allow foreign debris to fall into the Blower Motor Unit as this may cause the Blower Motor to operate improperly or cause abnormal noise.

This bulletin explains the proper procedures to:

1. Inspect for and remove foreign debris from the Blower Unit during Cabin Air Filter replacement.
2. Inspect and replace the Blower Motor.

NOTE:

 Rough handling of the Cabin Air Filter may cause debris to fall into the Blower Unit which can impact Blower Motor performance or cause noisy operation. Both can be avoided by carefully handling the Cabin Air Filter during replacement.

 Use caution during Cabin Air Filter replacement for vehicles with prolonged operation beyond recommended replacement intervals or vehicles that are operated in areas with high amounts of air intake debris. There may be a significant amount of debris on top of the filter.

 Warranty coverage does not apply to procedures related to the replacement of the Blower Motor due to entry of debris into the Blower Fan or Blower Unit during Cabin Air Filter replacement.

 Blower Motors replaced under warranty will be subject to WTC Part Return Request. Claim adjustment may occur if the inspection of the Blower Motor yields an NTF (No Trouble Found) result.

Applicable Vehicles:

 All vehicles with a Cabin Air Filter

Warranty Information:
Does not apply if caused by debris or foreign objects.

·
22,793 Posts
Good stuff, sbr711! It sure is good having you around! How's it feel being so needed and appreciated?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks y'all! Yes, it does change with fan speed, and goes away when off. That is a good point about leaf etc. I will check that out for sure. Is there a good place (I will do a search here as well) that will show how to pull the box? I can mess things up pretty good at times. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts