Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Sonata GLS. When the Climate Control switch is Off (in the 0 position) I would expect to see none of the 4 Modes as being on (illuminated in blue) yet one is on at all times. Is this a defect or should one of them be on even though the switch is Off (in the 0 position)? I tried to post a link to some photos I took, but as a new member to this forum I can't post a links for 7 days. If you don't understand my question I will post it again as soon as I can provide photos. If my question is any clearer I am talking about Mode Selection Type A (4 position flow diagram) as pictured in the diagram at the bottom of page 4-85 in the Sonata Owner's Manual. Thanks.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It should have something indicated there regardless of whether the fan is at 0 or not.
Thanks! Even when the switch is set to 0 and the fan is not on, if I set the temperature in the Blue zone it seems to be cooler then if I turn it to the Red zone. Is this normal? Maybe it's just my imagination. I am so anal about things like this. LOL.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Thanks! Even when the switch is set to 0 and the fan is not on, if I set the temperature in the Blue zone it seems to be cooler then if I turn it to the Red zone. Is this normal? Maybe it's just my imagination. I am so anal about things like this. LOL.
There's always air flow even with the entire system set to off. Don't lose any sleep over this one:).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not certain about the Sonata, but on many cars, turning the fan to the full-off position doesn't actually stop the fan completely. And even if it does, you're still going to get some outside air blowing in through the vents while driving. Think this is mostly to help prevent carbon monoxide from potentially entering the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Not certain about the Sonata, but on many cars, turning the fan to the full-off position doesn't actually stop the fan completely. And even if it does, you're still going to get some outside air blowing in through the vents while driving. Think this is mostly to help prevent carbon monoxide from potentially entering the vehicle.
This is the case on all modern cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts