Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have AUTO on (don't use it) and the AC light is off. But the air source is defaulting upon startup to Recirculate rather than the cooler outside air.

Why? I have this for years and its the first time (season) its doing this.

I know some other vehicles are programed to run in this mode in warmer weather. But this isn't one of them. I personally don't see an advantage since it is blowing hotter inside air than what is outside. AC is not always required when in the low 20's or less celsius. But a hot car in the sun like this starts would make someone thing is needed as it will never cool down.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One cold morning it didn't the other day. it was from the outside air setting.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
That's really strange. I think my cars all work the opposite, i.e. they start in recirculate... Yeah, pretty sure.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's really strange. I think my cars all work the opposite, i.e. they start in recirculate... Yeah, pretty sure.
Yeah, it was all going bonkers before I finally got the control motor assembly for the passenger side which fixed the issue. The circulate mode would be stuck in RE... and would not switch out all the time but other times it did. One I got the new motor so that the heat/cooling would work again which I tested by turning the temp control knob each way. I could see the motor working the arm and a change in the upper and lower air temp occurred.

Looked good and I closed it all up.

I know that my other vehicle I have only had since winter. No starts in Recirculate mode when its warm by default. It some programming that is in the Highlander. I don't recall this ever occurring on a SF before. I don't see how the replace control motor is controlling the source. At least I am not roasting my wife when its warm outside now. (or myself as its hard to cool with heat coming out one side)

My daughter might inhert this ride or I'll sell soon if she prefers her current 4x4.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Oh wow, I didn't realize heat was coming out one side, how strange. Congratulations for your victorious triumph!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, it was how its working now. It was 12C parked in the garage overnight when I started (an hour or so ago) based on the SF thermometer. It defaulted to exterior air, not recirculate. Hmmm

I must be the new Norm if thats whats going on. If so I won't spend a lot of time on it but will have to become accustomed to checking and changing it in the summer. Knowone wants to recirculate the hot interior air when they get into a vehicle. Outside much cooler air is whats needed. Once the engine has warmed up is when I turn the AC on if needed but not immediately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts