Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Here's a good one. I was at the dealer today and asked for a bulb for the auto climate control panel. Not available, I would have to buy the entire panel for $320.00.
For some reason the parts guys at Hyundai seem to be unmotivated(or have very crappy on=screen diagrams) to look up part numbers for small lights in the dash areas. Had to really bug my local dealer to do his job and order a dash light bulb

·
Registered
4 Posts
Marcypoo and Waves: Do those LED bulbs fit directly into the back of the heater control panel, as an exact replacement for the originals? Local dealer wants $26 / bulb (Canadian). Brutal. And T4 Tall green is the best fit? Thanks all
Gord

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, they fit perfectly. Just make sure you don't over tighten them as you will brake the tabs. Ask me how I know :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been trying to remove the climate control panel from the dash but it has a very tight harness behind it with little room to get in to remove it. Is there a knack to getting it out? Car is 2004 Santa Fe

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is for my '02. So not sure if it's exactly the same or not. But yes it's a tight fit. For me I have to put the car in drive to get the shifter back a bit further and then angle the housing and all you can do is stuff your hand from the top to get the two connectors off from the top. Once you do you have a bit more room to get to the connector for the ashtray light and lighter. But again, it's basically a one handed job.

Don't mean to hijack your question but I figure this is a good time as any to provide a couple of pics of the LED's I installed. I was able to find LEDs for everything but the AC console. I do have some regular incandescent blue colored bulbs. I searched every corner of the internet and convinced none exist for LED. Proprietary I guess to Hyundai.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Automatic climate control backlighting bulbs

I have read all the threads and there seems to be some confusion and outdated information.
I am looking for the backlight bulbs for the 2004 Santa Fe automatic climate control.
I have attached pictures of one of the bulbs. I am not super concerned about price or cost of shipping.
Can anyone verify the voltage of these bulbs?
The base is 8 mm and they are 12 mm high. When looking on Amazon, I found that that size would be a T4.2 bulb, but what voltage?

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Are you looking for the LED version or the exact stock incandescent. If LED I'm here to tell you that I'd be embarrassed to say how much time I invested looking for the LED version. They don't exist.

With that said I did come across a couple of places that sold stock version. From the link below, I did speak with them and they do have these bulbs with the little blue cover/booty.

T-1 1/4 Neo Wedge PCB Lamp 14V

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you looking for the LED version or the exact stock incandescent. If LED I'm here to tell you that I'd be embarrassed to say how much time I invested looking for the LED version. They don't exist.

With that said I did come across a couple of places that sold stock version. From the link below, I did speak with them and they do have these bulbs with the little blue cover/booty.

(link deleted because I haven't been a member long enough.)
Thanks for a quick reply. I am looking for anything that will work. Here in Scandanavia it gets dark early and long. Not looking forward to fumbling around in the dark. There are suppliers here, but need to know exact size and voltage. the little blue cover slips off and I thought i could reuse them if I didn't find the right one. The link you included goes to "T-1 1/4 Neo Wedge PCB Lamp 14V". Is the 14V, (.1A) one that works?

If I order this and it works, I will do a detailed instruction under a thread for Automatic Climate Control (ACC) backlight bulb replacement to avoid the confusion with the manual climate control lamps. I am disappointed in Hyundai service. Contacted them and they said the bulb was soldered in place and couldn't be replaced separately. Offered to sell me the complete unit for around $1300.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for a quick reply. I am looking for anything that will work. Here in Scandanavia it gets dark early and long. Not looking forward to fumbling around in the dark. There are suppliers here, but need to know exact size and voltage. the little blue cover slips off and I thought i could reuse them if I didn't find the right one. The link you included goes to "T-1 1/4 Neo Wedge PCB Lamp 14V". Is the 14V, (.1A) one that works?

If I order this and it works, I will do a detailed instruction under a thread for Automatic Climate Control (ACC) backlight bulb replacement to avoid the confusion with the manual climate control lamps. I am disappointed in Hyundai service. Contacted them and they said the bulb was soldered in place and couldn't be replaced separately. Offered to sell me the complete unit for around $1300.

I emailed back and forth a couple of times with them. The part number below I did order hoping they'd come somewhat close with the LED's I had installed elsewhere. They didn't match the look of LED (as I suspected but figured I'd try anyway), however they did fit and work. Now that's with the US version of my 2002 LX. But the pics of your AC console and bulbs do look exactly like mine. So my best guess is the part number below will work. Clearly yours nor mine are soldered.

Here is the sentence direct from one of the emails with them that I did order and do work for my US '02. That exact part number is not listed on there site but it is valid.

"We do however have a match but with a black base and blue filter (DNW21-DW10/BLA/39-04-5M). The metal hooks should be in place on both sides."

·
Registered
5 Posts
The order page for the product you mentioned says "Availability: Out of Stock".
I gave up. Now I bought small incandescent bulbs and have replaced the bulb in the original socket. Going to test it soon and see if it works. If it does, i will still make the tutorial.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The order page for the product you mentioned says "Availability: Out of Stock".
I gave up. Now I bought small incandescent bulbs and have replaced the bulb in the original socket. Going to test it soon and see if it works. If it does, i will still make the tutorial.

Thanks for your help.

OK...good luck. here's the guy I dealt with if needed.

Vince Mata
JKL Components Corp.
13343 Paxton St | Pacoima | CA | 91331 |
Phone: 818.896.0019 ext 126 | Fax: 818.897.3056 |
E-mail: [email protected] | Web: www.jkllamps.com |

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lost my patience with the whole thing and while surfing around got an idea from the Saab forum.
Found small incandescent bulbs (12V, .75mA) at the local electronics hobby store, pulled out the bulbs from the base of the original neo wedge socket and inserted them, used the blue rubber covers from the original bulbs and inserted the refurbished component (old neo wedge socket, new bulb) into the ACC control panel. Works like a champ for under $2 for two, like new, lamps.
When I get some time next week, I will post a step-by-step with pictures.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2003 model with the manual climate control and both my outer bulbs have blown (the central one for the fan speed is ok, it is the fan direction and temperature dial bulbs that have gone).

My confusion in this thread is that 2 different part numbers quoted for the bulbs. The first is 97322-33100 which seems to be for the central bulb, and another number quoted is 97268-26500. So which one do I need?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts