Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was driving the SF yesterday and since the weather got well above 10C outside from the persistent low single digits it was not notice. Also the passenger side issue mostly.

My wife complaining rightly so, she hot, very hot... I reach over and felt the upper vent, hers was very hot air while my drivers side was cool. Trying to adjust it down sent the system into lock out mode. Got suck in AC on with dual light on and no control via the mode button. Could not turn off either. I manage to get some control over an hour later when I stopped and shut off the SF. When restarted I could make changes initially but non of those changes affect the passenger side. All outputs were HOT there. Then it locked up and I could not make changes again and different this time, defrost mode.

There appears to be more than one thing going on. I am back home with it and will start verifying a clean pillar ground connection (its easy to do), then try and see where the door controls are if I can lay down in the seat area long enough. I don't do well in tight places or upside down. Phobia!!

Its going to be a work in progress getting this fixed. A must do if AC is actually needed to keep cool.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've order this off Amazon Canada which should resolve the normal fault (hot passenger side as per the OP) Dorman 604-308

I've completed the ground terminal lug cleaning (passenger side strut tower) now. Somehow I thought it was on the drivers. Oh well memory failure for some time... happens when you get OLD....

I hope the control panel issue is due to the fault motor positioning. The passenger roasting will also be over.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Had the same issue, opposite side.. took two replacement (aftermaket) parts to fix it. First one was trashed out of the box. Napa carries the parts too Tripplec.. in case you need another.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you have to flip the ear as the OP says if its really necessary?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gather the ear has to be on the motor the same way and not inverted as in the photo of the OP.

I'll once I get at the old one and decide to flip it or use the old one if they can be removed without damaging them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Did you have to flip the ear as the OP says if its really necessary?
Hi Tripplec,

I replaced one of these from a part on ebay as it was the cheapest. The unit I got was the opposite side so the "ear" was flipped. I just snapped off the ear from my old one and replaced it on the new one. All was good.

Jason

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Waiting for the part but I notice since I cleaned the ground I can control the mode states even after its been on for a while. Although it has seem to switch to recirculate mode on its own at some point. Not sure when as I wasn't observant enough, yet.

I cleaned up the ground last summer due to a no start issue. It surprising how quickly it has rusted enough to need cleaning in 8-9 months.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a better source on Ebay. I cancel my Amazon Canada order. After 4 days it did not even leave to be on route. No way I'd have it for another 3 days. Absurd IMO

I am going to order a part on ebay and a number appear or non Dorman maybe better fit. Any susggestions?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Located some via CarQuest through my local Picton store. They can get it in overnight for tomorrow morning from one of their other stores. Its approx $30 mor than on Amazon but I am not waiting for 8-10 days like Amazon wants me to. I still get it faster than if I waited for them which could be another 6 days to (May 2nd) and I already 5 days now.

If this fixes the problem its worth it. Its going to be quite warm in the 20's C next Mon Tues and if I can't turn off the heat it will be pretty rough driving a long way. The downside of climate control. All goes south when its not working correctly. Unfortunate all my newer vehicles in the family have it now. Its the price to pay for upscale builds to get the other posh stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts