Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my gf just bought a 2011 sonata limited and so far we love it (only 2 days old but you know). So yesterday I was pulling out of the driveway and had to cut the wheel all the way right to clear my neighbors truck and the curb. Just as i got moving forward I heard and felt 2 loud clicks which sounded like a bad axle but just deeper.

So i thought o **** I hope nothing broke already, drove for 10 miles perfectly fine with no pulling or anymore clicking. Then I got onto the highway and felt a pretty significant vibration coming through the dead pedal but only above 70-75 mph. It happens all the time now (at that speed) and I will be taking it to the dealer but I like to research before I go so I can prepare for their onslaught of BS.

Great info in a lot of these threads I look forward to posting and updating as I mod my GFs car with "necessary" equipment (LED interior/turn signals please :D)

Thanks in advance will check back ASAP (work all day).​

·
Registered
699 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hope you continue to like the Sonata.

You don't say anything about mileage on the auto, tire condition, etc. I would advise not driving any more than required and no high speed driving where the vibration is present. What could it be, about anything in the suspension, bad wheel, tires out of balance, bad bearing, defective strut, etc. Don't put off the dealer visit too long and let us know what was causing the problem.

The quicker you get back to the dealer the more concerned you are in their eyes.

Bob

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i had an axle go out in mine....had it replaced at 58K - just before the warranty expired.

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
Only drive 69 mph, problem fixed.

No real telling. May or may not be related. Just tell the dealer it is vibrating over 70 and let them poke around to figure out why.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
They will tell you they can't go above 70mph legally and since that is the case your car is just fine.
this confuses me....:confused:

many states have speed limits above 70mph.

or were you being sarcastic?

·
Registered
274 Posts
They will tell you they can't go above 70mph legally and since that is the case your car is just fine.
From past experience with service folks using this reasoning (usually to avoid dealing with the actual problem), I have had success in using less specific descriptions, like "when passing on the expressway".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts