Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody experienced an issue when you back up slowly from a parking lot or a parked position and start to pull out slowly turning... the car starts making this clicking sound... its not from the steering wheel.. but it feels and sounds like the sound is coming toward the front wheel somewhere...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Clicking sound...

has anybody experienced an issue when you back up slowly from a parking lot or a parked position and start to pull out slowly turning... the car starts making this clicking sound... its not from the steering wheel.. but it feels and sounds like the sound is coming toward the front wheel somewhere...
How many miles on your Sonata? What you are describing reminds me of the noise CV joints make. Roll down your windows and drive by a wall to reflect the noise. Does it only do it when you back up?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my car has about 44000 miles and yes it only makes the sound when i am backing up with the wheels turned all the way to the right... not sure about left... but definately right. and it doesn't make any sounds when i am backing out straight....

i was thinking it was the cv boot or something with the cv as you mentioned....

if it is cv something... is that covered under warranty?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Clicking noise...

Covered under warranty? I would say yes. But then again I am not Hyundai. If it has not outright failed/broken it may not be covered. At any rate I would have it checked out by your dealer just to get it on record for future reference.

"Momentary Lane Change," My dealer is replacing my front door seals both right and left under warranty on Monday. I was very surprised actually as the wear is a result of rubbing when entering the vehicle. My butt hits the "B" pillar as you slide in and has worn an opening in the rubber about 4"-6" long.

I'm back... so referring to your warranty question above, it can't hurt to ask as they may say yes. That is if it is the CV joints. Good luck and I hope I didn't hijack you too bad. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's the axle... your differential went bad.
Mine did, had to swap the axle on the passenger side. Hyundai picked up the bill for me... i dont see why you wouldn't be covered.

Good luck

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you were right the service guy came back saying that my left axle went bad... and after couple of hours and switching the left axle... the service guy came back stating that the right axle is now making noise... so the right axle is on order and will be switched next tuesday... just glad... it was covered under warranty.....:)

That's the axle... your differential went bad.
Mine did, had to swap the axle on the passenger side. Hyundai picked up the bill for me... i dont see why you wouldn't be covered.

Good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
you were right the service guy came back saying that my left axle went bad... and after couple of hours and switching the left axle... the service guy came back stating that the right axle is now making noise... so the right axle is on order and will be switched next tuesday... just glad... it was covered under warranty.....:)
Okay happened to my car 2013 Sonata however because I was not the first owner it was not covered by the dealer only paid 225 to fix it here in Florida with a private mechanic working fine now CV axle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts