Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First - I'll come out and say I'm not really a car guy. I understand how things work, but I would never replace my own brakes (for example).

This has been going on for a while now and I haven't had enough down time at work to take it in, but thought I'd ask on the Forums. I have a 2007 Santa Fe GLS / SE / Limited SUV. I've been able to isolate the sound to the front right wheel and when crawled underneath the car, it appears to be by the wheel where the the front spension is. When the car goes up and down (say over an uneven surface or when I physically 'bounced the car' to figure out where the noise came from) it makes a clicking sound.

I have a very good guess as to where the sond is coming from and (again not being a car guy) it's near the front suspension spring but appears to be inside tube that goes in and out of a larger tube.

Can anyone help educate me as to what the problem could be, where it could be I'd really appreciate it. I still am under the manufacturer's warranty, so hopeful to get the dealership to fix it for me.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (PSChicago @ Jun 1 2010, 07:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328604
I haven't had enough down time at work to take it in,
Not an excuse... night drop the day before, wife, girlfriend, parents, drinking/shooting bud give you ride home, use other car, bicycle, or hop a ride to work the next day..

I have a 2007 Santa Fe GLS / SE / Limited SUV. I've been able to isolate the sound to the front right wheel and when crawled underneath the car, it appears to be by the wheel where the the front spension is. When the car goes up and down (say over an uneven surface or when I physically 'bounced the car' to figure out where the noise came from) it makes a clicking sound.
Common problem for sway bar links to make harsh clunck over bumps,,, is that what you hearing ?

I have a very good guess as to where the sond is coming from and (again not being a car guy) it's near the front suspension spring but appears to be inside tube that goes in and out of a larger tube.

Can anyone help educate me as to what the problem could be, where it could be I'd really appreciate it. I still am under the manufacturer's warranty, so hopeful to get the dealership to fix it for me.
Drop the thing at dealer, 5yr/60,000 bumper to bumper warranty... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, I know. My wife keeps saying the same thing (and I live in Chicago with decent public transit)

It's not the sway bar, maybe it's the shock absorber (going from sight and doing some google searches). Would that be maybe it? Pricey fix?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sounds like sway bar links. Seems to be a common failure item on all cars that have them. My previous vehicle went through a set every 60,ooo kms.
Your dealer will be able to test and confirm this VERY quickly.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Definitely sounds like a noisy stabilizer link. I had the exact same symptom; dealer solved it in 30 minutes under warranty.

If you want to be sure, find the long stabilizer bar which runs under your transmission. Follow it to where it connects to a vertical linkage at the wheel. Place your hand over that joint while someone rocks the vehicle from side to side, and you will feel a knocking sensation in the palm of your hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts