Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i just notice while driving home a clicking sound coming from the steering wheel... While parked, stopped or driving really slow and moving the steering

wheel from about 3 inches right to 3 inches left of center (the faster i move it is the louder it is) i'm hearing this clicking sound that sounds like its coming from

under the horn/airbag cover... Anyone ever notice this??? it's not very loud so the music in the car needs to be off for me to hear it...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe we are talking about the same sound.

My car experienced this ticking sound when moving the steering wheel in either direction. The initially replaced what was called the "clock spring" behind the steering wheel. The ticking is still there albeit less noticable, I just havent had time to bring it back in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Adamleefirsthyundai @ Dec 9 2010, 02:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378304
I believe we are talking about the same sound.

My car experienced this ticking sound when moving the steering wheel in either direction. The initially replaced what was called the "clock spring" behind the steering wheel. The ticking is still there albeit less noticable, I just havent had time to bring it back in.
Yes it sounds like a tick.... But for some reason i only get it when turning from right to left just as it passes the center possition... And the faster you turn the louder

the sound... I was thinking that it's probably the clock spring.... but it's not that loud yet from me to take it in... Once the music is on, i don't hear it...

I'll let them know about it on my next service...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts