Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i start up theres a clicking noice, but when I press the outside circulation button it stops, was told by the dealer that there are motors behind the switch, and one proberly has a tooth broken, but not sure, £108 per hour, think i will leave it, any ideas?.thanks Terry

·
Registered
324 Posts
The dealer's diagnosis is probably correct. There are a few doors moved by electric actuators in the heater box. One of them selects either outside air or interior air and it sounds like this is the one your are having trouble with. If the door is stuck selecting interior air only you may have problems with excess humidity in your vehicle and the inside of the windows may fog up. If it is stuck drawing in outside air only, you can just leave it alone.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer's diagnosis is probably correct. There are a few doors moved by electric actuators in the heater box. One of them selects either outside air or interior air and it sounds like this is the one your are having trouble with. If the door is stuck selecting interior air only you may have problems with excess humidity in your vehicle and the inside of the windows may fog up. If it is stuck drawing in outside air only, you can just leave it alone.
Yes, no noice drawing out side air, but drawing in inside air, the noice is there, when i drive in low gears the noice is there, when i go into5th and 6th gear it stops, when i change down the noice comes back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts