Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car had a clicking noise all the time. It was very noticeable while on idle. I took it to the dealership for an oil change and was told that my car was running with almost no oil and that I may need a new engine. After the oil change I drove off and the clicking sound is gone. Would that mean that the problem is solved? Or is it only the calm before the storm? I have a 1.6 Accent 2003.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
oil is like blood..

No blood, you dead

No oil, engine dead

·
Registered
546 Posts
QUOTE (manolete @ May 27 2010, 11:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326880
My car had a clicking noise all the time. It was very noticeable while on idle. I took it to the dealership for an oil change and was told that my car was running with almost no oil and that I may need a new engine. After the oil change I drove off and the clicking sound is gone. Would that mean that the problem is solved? Or is it only the calm before the storm? I have a 1.6 Accent 2003.
Did your oil or MIL ever come on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (nick944 @ May 28 2010, 11:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327570
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrsjYcffPLA
does it sound like this? I find this noise to be pretty normal. I had to have the block replaced two months later because it started knocking but that's because my mechanic was a *******. I have the same ticking on my replacement too so it seems to have no effect.

Yes it sounded exactly like that! But the noise is all gone now... I called service today and they told me: Good Luck....

·
Registered
546 Posts
QUOTE (manolete @ May 31 2010, 07:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328239
Yes it sounded exactly like that! But the noise is all gone now... I called service today and they told me: Good Luck....
That sounds like a bad HLA. They either used a different grade oil, or added an oil additive. That's why they said good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts