Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '13 SFS with a panoramic sunroof.

When i drive on the uneven road, I hear the *click* noise. I tried several times, but I cannot pinpoint where the noise is coming from.

It's not so loud, but is driving me nuts whenever I hear it.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Dealership is quite far away from my house, and I don't want to go unprepared and just get "i don't hear it"

·
Registered
153 Posts
You might want to look at the point of contact of your windshield and dashboard, right in the middle. My entire dash had to be removed for them to put more insulation inside there. Haven't heard the noise ever since.

·
Registered
759 Posts
There's a few areas that several SFS owners have complained about...
One is the tailgate (which echos a little bit - so hard to pinpoint that it's coming from the rear)... a quick and easy fix is the unscrew the little rubber stoppers that are on the hatch which press up against the rear of the vehicle when it's closed. You can turn the rubber stoppers to move them in/out - moving them out will put a little more pressure on the hatch when it's closed, and stop the rattle.

Another one is the passenger door - which i'm currently experiencing. Haven't gotten it fixed yet - but when I press against the armrest of the passenger door (pushing towards the door) it goes away... it's a rattle/ticking kind of noise - maybe a loose/broken clip that holds the panel on the door itself... we'll see.
Thread here: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/260-dm-2013-santa-fe/164500-passenger-door-rattle.html

Another could be the dash by the windshield area...

There's threads for each of these issues, just do a seach and you'll find them all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts