Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was noticing while washing my car the other day. Under the wheel wells, it looks like there is a bit of peeling on the clear coat. It is on both fronts, that I noticed. Almost in the exact same spot as each other.. I'll try to post a pic

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Almost looks like the area around the taillights some of us had that was rubbed through from the lights being fitted poorly at the factory.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almost looks like the area around the taillights some of us had that was rubbed through from the lights being fitted poorly at the factory.
Yea, sort of. But there isn't any paint loss "It's just the clear coat" and its on the bottom of the wheel wells. I guess no one else has had this problem? I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say. Hopefully they can fix it no problem.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Be prepared, they will probably claim a rock did that and call it 'normal wear and tear'.

·
22,788 Posts
I remember this surfacing when some of the 2011's were introduced. Man, there's been a lot of water over the dam on here since then!

But unlike this "under the fender lip" area, the taillight adjustments/corrections were performed by the dealers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be prepared, they will probably claim a rock did that and call it 'normal wear and tear'.
They'd have a tough time justifying it with it being in the same spot on both wheel wells and it having been there since I took the car off the lot.. just didn't think it was a big deal at the time. But I guess I'll find out tomorrow.. fingers crossed!

·
22,788 Posts
Good point, Bri. And that's exactly how I'd approach it. Show the guy one side. As he begins to lament the "company line," take him/her over to the other side and point it out as you ask, "Now, you were saying?" They (dealer & company) can come up with excuses for everything BUT logic and common sense.

You might also try this line for fun, "Do you really expect me to eat this crap you're shoveling?" Report back. Want to win the argument? Answer his question with a question. He'll eventually relent.

Q: What do you want us to do?
A: What do you think I want you to do?
Q: How'd this happen?
A: How do you think it happened?
Q: is this car under warranty?
A: Would I be here if it wasn't?
Q: How many miles have you got on it?
A: Wouldn't you like to check for yourself?
Q: When can you bring it in?
A: When do you have an opening?

Stuff like that. Works with wives, too.
Q: What were you thinking?
A: About what?
Q: How much were those shocks?
A: Why don't you guess, I'll let you know if you're close?
Q: Do these shoes match my outfit?
A: Aren't those your favorite shoes with that outfit?
Q: Do these jeans make my butt look big?
A: There is NO (correct) answer nor response for this one, fellas!

Back On Topic: Report back what the dealer says. I want to read about this!

·
Banned
532 Posts
Q: Do these jeans make my butt look big?
A: There is NO (correct) answer nor response for this one, fellas!
There is for those who like big booties:eek:

Tho my wife has a slim, toned, firm and pleasant global hemisphere shaped derrière that's in better shape than prior to the birth of our 7 children.

I'l be off line tonight......:wink2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol Rich you kill me.

So I wen t to the dealer today and the Service guy says "Hm that's interesting", Takes some pictures and sent them to Hyundai Canada. I'm just waiting to hear back from them now. Hopefully they'll cover it!

What they won't cover though is the "Paint Protection Film" that I put on the fenders, They'll have to peel that off when they repaint it . DOH!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lol Rich you kill me.

So I wen t to the dealer today and the Service guy says "Hm that's interesting", Takes some pictures and sent them to Hyundai Canada. I'm just waiting to hear back from them now. Hopefully they'll cover it!

What they won't cover though is the "Paint Protection Film" that I put on the fenders, They'll have to peel that off when they repaint it . DOH!
The correct answer to Rich's question is "Sorry, I was lost in your beautiful eyes, what did you ask sweetie?"

As to the issue, if you paid for the paint protection, definitely don't give up without a fight Bri! We have it on both of our Hyundais and if my Sonata's hood gets one more stone chip, I'm going to be in there with the guy who sold it to me to have him explain his sales process to the repair dude and let them work it all out.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Be prepared, they will probably claim a rock did that
A laser-guided rock, that flew up from the grassy knoll before turning left at a 68 degree angle, peeling off a thin layer of clearcoat paint with surgical precision, and then vanishing without a trace of damage to the underlying base coat.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A laser-guided rock, that flew up from the grassy knoll before turning left at a 68 degree angle, peeling off a thin layer of clearcoat paint with surgical precision, and then vanishing without a trace of damage to the underlying base coat.

That almost sounds like the Seinfeld "Magic Loogie" theory lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
The reflection in both of those pics looks like the corner of the fenders are slightly concaved. Any previous damage to the front bumper underneath?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The reflection in both of those pics looks like the corner of the fenders are slightly concaved. Any previous damage to the front bumper underneath?
No damage.. that's just the reflection or angle of the pic.. it's a hard angle to take a picture of. BTW they haven't even contacted me yet, so no clue what's going on.. I'll have to give them a call on my day off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts