Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to clean the plastic trim around wheel arches? I drive on gravel roads in the forest quite a lot and the white looking residue you can see in the attached picture comes from the mud and whatever else is under the gravel spraying up when the roads are wet. I only need to wipe a wet cloth over the trim (after a proper clean) and the white patches disappear completely but return once dry again. I have tried a variety of things but none of them seem to work.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the suggestions. It may be limestone - I am not sure what they use on those forestry roads underneath the gravel. In a lot of places the gravel is pretty much gone and its whatever that they put under that that sprays up all over the place when its wet.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah, this is my first car with a lot of black plastic cladding - much more vulnerable than the body. Fine limestone dust is the absolute worst, but give it a sound cleaning and begin with the 303 (or any decent external trim restore/protector) as recommended asap. Then going forward you'll find the protective layer resists contamination (and UV fading) a lot better - plus it's easier to keep clean.
Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Use a good all purpose cleaner first like simple green or any automotive apc, then follow with a quality penetrating protectant like 303 or mothers or surf city garage. Avoid oil based dressings that just make the trim shiny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts