Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best way to clean the interior plastic pieces? I'm sure after a while they will become brittle after being baked in the sun. Any good cleaning solution to keep the rubberized dash panels looking and feeling brand new? I personally don't like to use armor all since they cause discoloration on the dash, makes the plastic hard and brittle.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Go to WalMart and pick up this. I've been using these Armor All products for years and I absolutely LOVE them. The protectant wipes work great on the dash area... it might seem like it's smearing and won't go on properly when you first try it, but if you put a nice even coat on, it stays shiny and looks even newer than when you bought... and it stays like that for a few weeks. I keep these in my car at all times, particularly the cleaning wipes. They've saved my butt a few times (KIDS!).

·
Registered
185 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ May 23 2010, 09:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325511
Go to WalMart and pick up this. I've been using these Armor All products for years and I absolutely LOVE them. The protectant wipes work great on the dash area... it might seem like it's smearing and won't go on properly when you first try it, but if you put a nice even coat on, it stays shiny and looks even newer than when you bought... and it stays like that for a few weeks. I keep these in my car at all times, particularly the cleaning wipes. They've saved my butt a few times (KIDS!).

Thats what I always use.

·
Registered
267 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ May 23 2010, 08:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325500
Any good cleaning solution to keep the rubberized dash panels looking and feeling brand new?
I use this Meguiars Natural Shine Protectant - http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_deta...sp?T1=MEG+G4116 . Does a beautiful job of cleaning and protecting with a natural, non-greasey finish and not a hard artificial shine. I did my SE just a few weeks after delivery and it really made the "factory new" interior look perfect. I did the dash, door panels, kick panels, seat bases and console with great results. It was a very subtle difference but it got rid of the smudges and other little marks left by the factory and dealer techs when they prepped the car. Great product!

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts