Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone removed the headlights on this car, and if so, are the low beam lenses removable from the housing? i want to clean the inside of the clear covers. the driver side is getting a bit of a hazed look thats specifically obvious in a 3" circle where the headlight beam is focused.

since i ordered hid lights, i figured this would be the time to try to wipe off the lenses since ill sort of be in there anyway. also im concerned that brighter lights would only amplify the haze.

if you have any knowledge on disassembling the lights, or a good suggestion on what to clean with, id appreciate your input.

thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Sep 2 2010, 07:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353918
has anyone removed the headlights on this car, and if so, are the low beam lenses removable from the housing? i want to clean the inside of the clear covers. the driver side is getting a bit of a hazed look thats specifically obvious in a 3" circle where the headlight beam is focused.

since i ordered hid lights, i figured this would be the time to try to wipe off the lenses since ill sort of be in there anyway. also im concerned that brighter lights would only amplify the haze.

if you have any knowledge on disassembling the lights, or a good suggestion on what to clean with, id appreciate your input.

thanks!
If you have to ask, then I would not recommend you try opening up your headlights. On a difficulty scale of 1 through 5, wtih 5 being the most difficult, I'd say the Sonata is a 4. It's not easy to open them up at all. And you can't remove anything without opening the headlights.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont want to crack them apart, my hope was to be able to just stick something in through the back where the main light enters when im changing the bulbs. obviously that projector lens is in the way. thanks for the response

1 - 3 of 3 Posts