Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be OK to spray degreaser in the engine bay area and either rinse it off with a garden hose or use the spray gun at the car wash with a low pressure rinse cycle?

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
Common sense and you'll be OK.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
The forum you are in tells me this is only a year or two old. Why do you need degreaser?

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,871 Posts
Youll be fine using degreaser and water. Actually I believe using a pressure washer at a little distance is better than a garden hose because it uses less water. Things will get wet either way but having done both at work many times a week using a pressure washer wont get things soaked because often times newer cars plastic covers and such tend to bead up water.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it's a new car but I just want to kind of get it a little cleaned up. It's not terribly dirty.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I throw a towel over the delicate ECU then use a garden hose with a spray pattern. No jet or pressure.

Couldn't find a quick Hyundai image/vid, but looks like this....

·
Banned
6,990 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
I would resist the temptation to do this. The only potential positive result is a slightly cleaner engine bay. There are many potential negative results. Instead, wipe it down as much as you can with a rag, blow out dirt if you have to with pressurized air, even use a toothbrush or Q-tip if you must get it super clean in some of the crevices. Take the engine cover off and clean that with mild detergent and water, and put it back on when it's dry.

Reactions: NDSE
1 - 8 of 8 Posts