Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After giving 'The Beast' a wash and wax, I thought I would share my hard work. I even cleaned the engine of all the dust and salt that has gotten in there form winter. What do you think? Pictures are large but will load up eventually.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Very nice TB, you done a fine job there, nothing like a nice clean car :grin: ......... couple of questions though, what did you use on the engine? And what's the Yankee Candle doofer hanging inside (possibly an air freshener I suppose)?

·
Registered
29 Posts
A very nice job sir :thumbsup:

In my engine bay at the back, the bottom half of the bulkhead has got pretty mucky from the winter salt and dirt. I'm assuming yours must be the same. Did you clean that bit? The only way I can think of getting it off, and doing a half decent job of it, is with the hose pipe. Don't really fancy that though with all the electrics around. How did you do yours, if you have done it at all?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (rob13 @ May 12 2010, 06:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322136
A very nice job sir :thumbsup:

In my engine bay at the back, the bottom half of the bulkhead has got pretty mucky from the winter salt and dirt. I'm assuming yours must be the same. Did you clean that bit? The only way I can think of getting it off, and doing a half decent job of it, is with the hose pipe. Don't really fancy that though with all the electrics around. How did you do yours, if you have done it at all?
I cleaned everywhere in the engine. Some tips for you when doing this bit...
1) Don't use a steam cleaner - that gets into the electronic components faster than water and could short out electrics.
2) Don't use a pressure washer - that could force the water into plugs and other nooks and crannys you don't want water to go.
3) Use a hose with a gentle spray function. You want something that has a little bit of force, but nothing that will rip the bits from the engine.
4) Cover vital elecronic parts (altanator, CPU unit) and also the air intake.

Spray the engine (when cold) with water, get down to the bulkhead. When wet, use AutoGlym Engine and Machine cleaner. Spray that on (follow directions) and adgitate after leaving for about a minute. Wash off. To get a shine to your engine use AutoGlym Rubber and Vynal care. Leave this to dry naturally. Remove the protected areas you covered up earlier. Start up your engine to make sure it works. Leave it to get hot and evapourate any stray water.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Mr Pogle @ May 12 2010, 05:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322128
Very nice TB, you done a fine job there, nothing like a nice clean car :grin: ......... couple of questions though, what did you use on the engine? And what's the Yankee Candle doofer hanging inside (possibly an air freshener I suppose)?
Yes it is but the smell has gone so [email protected] gonna remove it once I remember :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts