Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got myself a Tucson SE 2016 (in UK) and discovered the dreaded Tyre Mobility Kit been offered with the car. So I decided to buy a full size spare wheel and tyre (225/50 R17). Does anybody know what would be a suitable clamp/bolt to keep the wheel in place/not rattling in the boot?
I understand higher spec models do come with the full sized spare wheel: what does the clamp look like? Does it have PN to try and order?
Thanks

PS: Local dealer did not have a clue...

·
Registered
941 Posts
A US part number might be 62850-2E110, but it may or may not fit for you. You could try an eye bolt with some sort of plate to hold the wheel down.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'll take a photo for you when I get home. IMHO there's little chance of the wheel rattling and all that since there are some sort of rubberized strips on the bottom and the wheel is quite heavy, but I see how it could become a hazard if the car rolls over.

Edit: It looks very much like this (meaning, the plastic part looks like a nut in the middle of the top) although it's meant to keep the outside of the wheel on the bottom, not on top like the picture suggests

·
Registered
284 Posts
The part number on mine is 62850-2E010 (holds down a full alloy spare 225/60 R17). This says Kia but it's the same part number.

Spare Wheel Bolt

Tbh I'm not really sold on the advantage of a full spare. It's heavy and you can't lower the cargo floor if necessary.
In 2 years I've used it briefly just once. A space saver spare would have done just as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I take it you put the alloy wheel with the "face" side towards the bottom.
On the value of the full sized wheel, I hear what you say and I thought about it hard, but the piece of mind of being capable of putting a proper wheel in case you need it for a long journey was what convinced me to go that route.
Great help, folks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks! I take it you put the alloy wheel with the "face" side towards the bottom.
On the value of the full sized wheel, I hear what you say and I thought about it hard, but the piece of mind of being capable of putting a proper wheel in case you need it for a long journey was what convinced me to go that route.
Great help, folks
Good point. And yes it's stored alloy face down.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I see you put some bubble-wrap under the wheel. Did your car not come with some rubber strips (sort of rubber, not sure what they are - painted in the same color as the car) at the bottom of the trunk? They're good by both cushioning the wheel against the metal but also holding it in plase due to the increased friction
In any case, I highly recommend at least some adhesive felt pads. Bubble wrap is too eak to provide any long term protection.

·
Registered
186 Posts
And 62850-2E010 indeed fits like a glove...
Many thanks for help

There is an unused full size alloy wheel and tyre on Gumtree for £70. It's in Edinburgh and they will not post it so it's collect only. A bargain at that price just for the tyre. I wish I lived nearer to the seller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts