Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought the I30 a few weeks ago and today the 12V power supply stopped working as well as the cigarette lighter next to it.

Anyone had similar problems?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Joolakker.

Normally the fuse would be the thing to check first. Except in your case the 12v power and 12v cigarette lighter have their own separate fuses, so this smells of something a little different as you say that both supplies have ceased. Remember, the power supply is only available when the ignition switch is at least at position 1 (accessories).

Check the fuses as Montego says. They're both rated 15A and can be found in the fuse compartment on the drivers side (open the door to gain access).

If they look to be intact, the next thing to try is to remove the power housing. Don't let that worry you - it's really easy.

Open the 12v power flap and also remove the cigarette lighter, so you have the two power holes showing. Sitting at the drivers side, put your 3rd finger in the left socket and thumb in the cigarette lighter socket, squeeze gently, then pull forwards. There's a small resistance but it will unclip.

There you will be able to see if the power coupling has become displaced. Just click it back in if it's loose.

If you have access to a multimeter you can check the pins leading to the power outlets.

(click for a larger view)

In my pic I've also removed the compartment cover above the power fascia but you need not do that.

Good luck. Let us know what you find :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts