Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi SF forum, has anyone seen or purchased chrome side molding for their Santa Fe? Just looking for opinions. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like these as well; however, they are mounted with double sided tape so I am not sure how they will hold up to our climate here.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as the double sided tape goes, I have similar molding on my sonata. It has gone through 2 winters so far and is holding on fine. There's some slight pitting on the 'chrome pieces'. I just googled 2013 SF chrome side molding and a bunch of sites came up. Mostly eBay. When its mounted you just have to follow the body lines . As far as door dings are concerned? I think it's strictly for appearance and not function. My come in a week. I will mount and take some pics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put these on about a week ago and they look great. I bought them from this guy in Korea for $100 shipped (Yonghoon Kim [email protected]) and received them in 2 days!. They are well built and have the 3M moudling tape that is the best. If you clean stuff off and use the primer on the plastic it should hold well. The chrome runs in-line with the door handles for a great look on the accents. I also got a wave/curve tailgate trim from ebay that I like a lot:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Chrome-Rear-Trunk-Lid-Cover-trim-For-2013-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-ix45-/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/hR0AAOxy6-tSBVpu/$(KGrHqJHJCoFH1jj7i1FBSBVpuBIPw~~60_35.JPG

A little chrome dressup makes a good appearance, just don't do the windows, door edges and all the areas that look lame.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I put these on about a week ago and they look great. I bought them from this guy in Korea for $100 shipped (Yonghoon Kim [email protected]) and received them in 2 days!. They are well built and have the 3M moudling tape that is the best. If you clean stuff off and use the primer on the plastic it should hold well. The chrome runs in-line with the door handles for a great look on the accents. I also got a wave/curve tailgate trim from ebay that I like a lot:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Chrome-Rear-Trunk-Lid-Cover-trim-For-2013-Hyundai-Santa-Fe-ix45-/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/hR0AAOxy6-tSBVpu/$(KGrHqJHJCoFH1jj7i1FBSBVpuBIPw~~60_35.JPG

A little chrome dressup makes a good appearance, just don't do the windows, door edges and all the areas that look lame.
I just put these on right now! Lol. I think they look great as well!!! Got them from the same guy on about 6 days.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I may be mistaken but that might be for the old body style??
Also there's a subtle Santa Fe on the first photo of the longer piece of molding

·
Registered
33 Posts
That looks very good. I was actually thinking of this version:
-1 for me on this one

I like the protection these would offer however the name looks out of place and cheap. The Santa Fe on the first set is very subtle but refined and it matches nicely with the other OEM badging. Just my take.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The "Hyundai" logo is accurate but the "Santa Fe" logo is from last year's model. The photos on the website are not very good and I am also concerned about the quality compared to the initial version mentioned which looks quite good.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
If you're going for aesthetics, then go for it, although I much prefer the minimalist look (less chrome) and would never put anything like this on my vehicle, especially one that has the branding on it.

Of course, I presume it's obvious that these will do sweet diddly squat at protecting from door dings.

·
Registered
544 Posts
My Santa Fe is moonstone silver, so I thought it would look good on this colour. I do not like the look on a dark vehicle as it stands out too much.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm mixed, I do and don't like it. If I'm so so on it initially, then I can do without it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi jeff9, how are your chrome side pieces holding up since last year?
I recently received mine but I haven't had the chance yet to install them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Turbo Fan. Well. I've had the ebay company from korea replace them as they didn't fair too well in our Canadian winter. I'm hoping they were just duds and the new set will last longer. As far as the double sided tape goes? It holds very well on the plastic body. I removed the old moulding set and have kept them aside. If the new set doesn't last, I'm going to paint the moulding the same grey colour that's on the rear & front bumpers and remount them. I like the look of the chrome moulding because in my OP the FE needs something to break up the boring looking side profile.

Attachments

·
Registered
544 Posts
Maybe a coat of wax would help. Was it salt damage to the chrome?
I was going to wrap mine with carbon fiber vinyl before install as most chrome surfaces are damaged by salt.
Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts